Chapter 11 Part 1

"He kinda came in when Peggy mentioned he was cute." I explained and smiled.

"Oh okay. That explains it." He said shaking his head.

"Yeah," I said laughing.

Jordan went back outside and I sighed.

"Y'all should totally get together, Peggy," I said.

"I don't know because I don't know him very well," she said.

"You will have plenty of time to get to know him," I pressed.

"Yeah, come on Peggy. Y'all would be so cute!" Faith said.

"Thanks, but I don't know."

"Well it's gunna happen one way or another." I said and smiled a evil smile.

"Uh oh, watch out Peggy. And I'm sure you'll figure it out." Faith said smiling and I stuck my tongue out at her.

Just then the pay phone rang and I went and looked at it it said unknown. I answered it.

"Hello." I said.

"Well if it isn't Sammie. Oh this is a lot better than what I planned."

"Who is this?" I asked kinda getting scared.

"Your worst nightmare. But before you hang up listen very closely. I have your fiance right in my sights-"

"Don't hurt him!" I screamed into the phone and spiked the attention of the girls. And they ran to get help.

"Oh, let me finish princess. Now if you want him to remain safe I'll need you to slip out the back door and walk straight ahead to the woods and wait 5 minutes to call this number back."

I was trying to make sense of it all when a hand grabbed the phone right out of my hands.

"Who is this?" Jordan barked over the phone. He waited a little bit and said, "Hello."

I went over and sat on the couch. The voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't place who it was. Why would someone I know come after me and Jordan? I just don't understand. Who was this guy and what does he want from us?

"Sammie, who was on the phone?" Jordan asked.

"I don't know." I said just sitting, staring at the ground.

"What happened? What did they say?" He said.

"I don't know," I repeated trying to remember the voice.

Jordan softly grabbed my chin and made me look at him and that's when I noticed he was kneeling in front of me and the girls were by my sides. "I need to know, Love."

"He wanted me to go out back to the woods and call him when I got there. He said he had you in his sights." I looked trying to focus to tell him everything.

"Mark, let's go now! We have to search the area and make sure everything is in place." He yelled and made me jump.

"Wait, don't go out there! He'll kill you. He had you in his sights." I said getting up with him and holding onto him. Trying to keep him from going and to keep myself upright.

"Or so he wanted you to believe." Jordan said moving toward the door.

"Please, wait. At least ten minutes." I pleaded.

He look at me and and sighed. "Okay, ten minutes," he said gathering me into his arms.

"Thank you," I said leaning more into him. "Babe?"

"Yes, Love."

"He sounded familiar. I knew his voice but I can't place who it was."

"Its okay. We will figure it out. I'm right here you don't have to worry."

"Why would someone I know be after us?"

"I don't know. But I promise I will figure it out." He said pulling me back to look into my eyes.

I look into his and seen a look that promised me he would. I looked down and started biting my lip. Oh why does it have to be so hard. I just wanted to kiss him then and there. He grabbed my cheek and I moved slightly away looking at him. And he seen it all in my eyes. And then he looked at my lips and shook his head.

"I'm um gunna um... go check outside now." He stuttered and slowly walked away.

"Hey, guys you want to play twister?" Peggy asked coming in and I slowly turned around noticing I somehow got into the kitchen.

"Sammie, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, let's play. Sorry just had a moment." I said smiling.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said, "Lets go play."