Chapter 5 Part 1

It took over two hours for us to get to the safe house. Charlie was driving me and Jordan while everyone followed with officers driving. I rested my head against Jordan. I didn't like not be able to communicate with him for who knows how long.

''Why can't you come see me or write or anything?'' I whined.

''Because he will expect me to be  with you or going to visit you and try to follow.'' he said leaning his head on mine.

''I'm gunna miss you,'' I said looking up at him.

''I know and I'm going to miss you, Love. But the girls can help you with our wedding.''

''Thats the plus side.''

We came to a stop at a house that was in the middle of nowhere. I might be safe here.

''I don't know if I want to them into this, Jordan. I don't want them to get hurt.''

He smiled and shook his head.

''What?'' I asked.

''You always think about others even if your the target. It's actually quite cute but slightly not good.''

I blushed, ''What do you mean?''

''I mean you care and are worried about everyone else when your the main target. You don't care if you get hurt as long as everyone else is safe but at this point I think you should start caring a little bit.'' he said holding his fingers about an inch away from each other.

''If it will make you happy maybe a little bit.'' I said moving over to open the door but it had a safety lock on it.

''They got to let you out, Love.'' Jordan said pulling me back over to him as the Charlie and the officers,from the other cars, got out to look around.

''Will you stay for a little while? Please?'' I asked but it was more like begged.

''I don't know if I'm able to. Please don't beg, Love, its hard enough without you begging me.'' he said.

''Sorry. Who's gunna stay here for patrol?'' I asked.

''Smith can I talk to you for a minute. Alone.'' Charlie said while opening Jordans door.

I moved so he could get out. He got out and shut the door which meant I couldn't hear anything. I was hoping he would leave it open a crack. I don't like not knowing what's happening. I seen Shawn and Hunter get out. I had no idea where Alex went. Why couldn't us girls hear what they were saying? All of a sudden I heard a gun shot. Everyone lowered to the ground so I couldn't tell if anyone was hit. What if the girls got hit.

    I have to go see. Which meant I would have to crawl up front without being seen. I crawled up there and slowly opened the door leaving it open when I climbed out crouched. I quickly ran to the next car. I opened the back door and seen Faith laying on the floor of the car.

''Faith, are you alright?'' I whispered.

''Yeah, Sammie what are you doing? Get in and shut the door.'' She said lifting a little bit.

''No, I'm going to see if Matti is okay.''

''Let me come. That way we can be together.''

She slowly climbed out of the car and we went to the one behind this one. We got there and I opened the door.

''Sammie, Faith, what are guys doing? Are you crazy? Get in here!'' Matti said.

''We came to see if you were alright.'' I said as Faith went in and I was gunna climb in behind her when someone grabbed me and they both screamed so I know it wasn't, Jordan.

I managed to shut the door while kicking.

''Jordan!'' I screamed.

''Shh,'' the man said.

''Jordan!'' I screamed louder.

''Shut up!'' he said louder.

Jordan came around the car and the man pulled a gun and put it to my head.

''Don't move or I'll shoot her.'' the man said.

Jordan put his arms out, ''No, please just let her go.''

''That's what everyone says but do we actually let them go. But I won't kill her if I don't have to the big boss wants to see her first and boy am I going to get a big raise.'' he laughed.

''Big boss?'' I wispered.

''The one that paid you a visit in your house but then decide to hire some guys to bring you to him, dear.''

''Oh, Jesus we need you.'' I prayed out loud.

''Jesus?'' the man looked confused and took his guard down for one second and Jordan took that moment to take control. He grabbed the gun and he tightened his grip on me and hid behind me.

''Let her go,'' Charlie said behind us.

He took a moment but decided to let go and I ran right to Jordan who wrapped me in one arm and holding the gun on the guy with the other until they got him in cuffs. He dropped the gun and wrapped his other arm around me.

''I'm not leaving her.'' Jordan said to Charlie. ''I want to be by her every minute until this is over. Forget the plan we are going somewhere else and I'm staying with her.''

''I understand. Which I don't know how they found us so I will be the only one but you to know. You guys will go in one vehicle.'' he said once he let the officers take the guy to his car.

''What's going on?'' I asked moving so I could see Charlie but was still in one of Jordan's arms.

''I don't know. But for right know we have to get you somewhere safe.'' Charlie said.

That's when Hunter came over, ''Faith is gone.'' he said starting to freak out.

''She's in the car with Matti.'' I said.

''Oh.'' He said.

''Wait, how do you know that?'' Jordan said said looking at me.

''I kinda went to check on them and we went to Matti's car to be together.'' I said.

''Sammie.'' Jordan he half yelled and stormed off to the car.

I followed even though he was really mad, ''You would of did the same thing,'' I said and he stopped and turned around.

''That's different I'm a--,'' he stopped but he knew it was to late and I figured out what he was gunna say.

''You're a guy! You're an officer! You think that just because I'm a girl I can't take care of myself. What is it with guys always thinking that just because we are girls doesn't mean we can't do anything? It makes me mad we are not helpless.'' I said my voice rising with each sentence.

Jordan opened his mouth to say something but Faith and Matti came over.

''Omgoodness, Sammie are you okay?'' Faith asked.

''Yeah, I'm fine.'' I said not looking away from Jordan.

''We are interrupting something, aren't we?'' Matti asked.

''No,'' we both said at the same time and looked at them.