Chapter 12 Part 1

"What," I said looking at him.

"You okay?" Jordan said.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said and turned to Matti, "Sorry, I was a little harsh,"

"Yeah, I know. Its okay," she said.

"It must be her hunger talking," Faith said.

Everyone laughed.

"Yes it is. I better get some food." I said.

"What do you want to eat, Love?" Jordan asked.

"I don't know. What do we have?"

"I seen cereal. I'm gonna eat some of that." Faith said.

"Cereal sounds good." I said rubbing my stomach.

"What about the pizza?" Mark asked.

"You can still have some." I laughed.

Jordan grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen. He turned around causing me to run right into him. Why does he always do that? It drives me crazy.

"Humph," I said frowning and he chuckled.

"Its not funny." I said.

"Yes it is,"

"Yeah, maybe to you but it dives me crazy,"

"Sorry, Love," he said and smiled.

He was most definitely not sorry. In fact I bet he was doing it on purpose. Knowing him he would do it on purpose to try to be cute. I'll admit it was cute at first but now its driving me crazy.

"Sammie," Jordan snapped his fingers in my face.

"I'm sorry. What?" I said.

"Are you sure your okay?"

"Yes, I was just thinking."

"About?"

"Oh, nothing," I said and smiled.

"Oh, now you made me more curious," he said moving closer and raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry," I laughed.

"Tell me," he said with an evil grin.

"And what if I don't?"

"I will tickle it out of you."

"I'm so scared," I said putting my hand over my heart trying not to laugh.

"Oh really?" he said moving closer and I backed away slowly.

"Yeah," I said smiling.

I backed up into the counter and prepared myself to get tickled and all of a sudden Pebbles appeared by my side starting to growl her warning growl. We looked down at her. Jordan lifted his hand to touch me and Pebbles snapped at him.

"Woah, girl its okay." I said kneeling down to her.

Jordan picked me up to my feet and Pebbles lounged forward. Jordan stepped aside kneeling he grabbed her and held her mouth shut while he had her body between his legs.

"Pebbles, look its just me. Its just Daddy." he said rubbing her back till she relaxed. He slowly let her go and jumped on him licking his face.

I kneeled down beside them and she jumped towards me covered me in kisses. I laughed and looked at Jordan. He was looking at us with so much love and admiration.

"Okay Pebbles go eat," Jordan said and she walked away.

"That was crazy." he said when she was gone. "Don't ever do that. Pebbles or not don't scare me like that. She could've attacked you."

"She wouldn't attack me. She was trying to protect me. It was the same position as that night you know." I said my voice growing softer.

He looked at me with hurt in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I promise this will be over."

I just wrapped my arm around him, "You need to give Pebbles more credit. She saved my life." I said.

"I know. I'm sorry, Love."

"Its okay," I said.

Faith came into the kitchen. "Awww how cute," she said.

Mark came in behind her, "How's the food--" he stopped when he seen us.

I pulled away slightly but Jordan pulled me back tightening his grip. He kissed my head. "I love you so much and I'm sorry for everything that has been happening. I promise you I won't stop till this guy is lock up or dead even if it means me dying."

"Jordan--" I started.

"No you don't have a say in this." He said and I pulled away and seen a glimpse of tears on his face before he pulled me back.

"Jordan? Are you crying?" I asked."You don't have to hide it from me,"

Something is going on I haven't seen Jordan cry before. I pulled away and he let me. I seen something in his eyes and I know he's hiding something and I don't like it one bit.

"What is going on?" I asked wiping the tears off his face.

"Uh oh. You didn't tell her man,"

I spun around, "Tell me what?"

"Uh, I got to go um... to the bathroom yeah the bathroom," Mark said and disappeared.

I turned to Jordan, "Tell me what?"

"This guy is going after you because of something I did. So we arranged a meeting. I meet him somewhere alone with no weapons and on his terms. And we would talk about this,"

"No your not. Are you crazy? When were you going to tell me? Were you just going to leave without saying a word?"

"No, I was waiting for the right time."

"When exactly was the right time?" I said.

We heard a bang and I went to the porch to see if Pebbles was okay. I felt a sharp pain on my head, I fell to the ground and darkness overtook me.