~The Threat~

Killua was currently waiting in the living room for Gon to come back from shopping, it's been a couple of hours now and he's already feeling anxious.

Killua was about to call Gon until he had an incoming call from someone, in hopes it was Gon, he answered it.

"Gon? Hello-"

"If you ever want to see your little boyfriend alive I suggest coming home quickly" the strange dark voice snarled on the other side.

Killua eyes widened.

"Illumi?! How did you get my number?" He said in shock.

"We're Zoldyck's, we can do anything"
Illumi responded.

Illumi then hung up and sent Killua a picture.

Killua opened up his messages and saw a photo that came from his nightmares.

A limp lifeless body of Gon, his love of his life, covered in cuts and blood.

Killua's hand clenched tightly on to his phone, his teeth gritted, he was shaking and tears were flowing down his face.

Killua at that moment for the first time felt useless and pathetic, he couldn't save his love from his own Psycho family, as he fell down on to his knees and started crying and screaming out his name from the top of his lungs.

"GOOOOOONNNN!"

                                        ~

"Killua!"

A sweet angelic voice was calling him.

"KILLUA!!" There it was again, but louder.

Killua shot up from bed and was shaking and sweating uncontrollably, panting. He looked around and remembered where he was. Their house.

"Killua?" Killua turned to his side and saw a worried Gon with his hand on his shoulder.

"Gon?" He said quietly.

"Are you ok? It looked like you were having a nightmare" Gon said.

Killua didn't answer, instead he flung himself on to Gon, hugging him tightly, and Gon returned the gesture. He felt Killua shaking in his arms.

"You are ok..." Killua whispered between his sobs and nuzzled his face into Gon's neck.

"Are you ok though?" Gon asked softly, rubbing circles into Killua's back.

"I....i had a nightmare about you, where I couldn't protect you, I was...so scared...I felt ashamed....." Killua said.

Gon brought Killua's face facing him, their eyes locked. Killua sniffles.

"I will always be here with you Killua, no matter what, and I'm grateful that you look out for me, but I feel the same way about you" Gon said.

Killua looked at Gon.

"Sometimes I feel so weak and useless that I can't protect you, from many things, but you always come back to me"

Killua lightly smiled.

"But this was different....it was my brother....he-"

Gon cut Killua off by bringing Killua's face into his chest and playing with his hair.

"We haven't heard from your family in years Kilu, your dad let us go so I think we're alright. We're safe" Gon says calmly.

Killua grinned.

"I feel safe, right now."