Chapter 3: Same Roof

Kwon Boram's POV

The closer our wedding came, the more the fact sank into me. We had just decided on the date last night, but suddenly, things began to change little by little. We were facing reality, finally escaping that euphoria of our engagement. There were more, a lot more things that we should consider about this engagement than putting a ring on my finger, and it begins with my internal realizations of what my actual life would be like once we get married earlier, and now, the prenup that Jin had taken as an offense towards me.

I have not ever considered it that way. His grandfather has been nice to me, treated me like his grandchild, and never made me feel like I was far different from them. So when he brought up the prenup, I completely understood his side. After all, he was right. He was the one who built such a great empire. He was taking care of his assets, for this matter, honestly, in case Jin and I do end up falling apart. After all, Jin is to take almost everything he has, which is a lot, and there's probably more from his father and a few from his mother.

Although neither of us feels that there's a possibility we won't work eventually, really, what are the odds? The sad reality of life is that it's partly unpredictable despite the choices that lead to the path we dream of taking. We can only choose each other daily, but even promises are broken.

"It's just for protection against the what-ifs. Let's say I end up cheating on you. That's why we decided to get a divorce. Would you be happy to split whatever or give me whatever you bought under your name, which I don't even deserve after being unfaithful despite that?" I gave him a scenario.

We were in his room, standing by the glass door leading to the balcony, looking at the starry night sky.

He rolled his eyes. "You won't cheat. Just admit that Grandpa was lowkey offending. He thinks you're a gold digger!"

I sighed. "No, he doesn't, okay? And the fact that I was immediately okay with the prenup had probably rubbed that in his face more. Besides, we still control whatever happens with that agreement. It could be said that in the end, if I die, some of the assets I have will go to yours or vice versa, and stuff like that. We still control it, anyway. Again, it's an agreement."

"I know, but how come he told you about it when I was away? He could have told us about it at the same time because that move he did made it seem to me that he saw less of you after all."

"Does it even matter what he thinks? And besides, if you disregard the thought of him trying to offend me and hear his reasons, would you proceed with the prenup?" He paused for a moment and then sighed.

"I don't want you to feel like I'm looking down on you." He faced me this time, and I did the same, giving him a reassuring smile.

"I won't because you're not, Love. I know that for sure." I held his hands and ran my thumb on his palms. "It's just an agreement. It doesn't necessarily define how we see each other, okay?"

He sighed in defeat. "Okay. But I'm only doing this because Grandpa wants to."

"Oh, me too. I don't have much to protect anyway," I joked, making us chuckle and uplifting the atmosphere.

He wrapped me in his arms, the both of us still facing the glass door, and asked, "Why don't you just move in with me? You've been spending many of your nights here anyway, and many of your things are already here, too. Don't you think it would save you the hassle of moving things if you lived here with me? You declined my offer back then because Sagwa was to have Eunhye, but she's turning three this year, and it seems to me that Sagwa has already gotten the hang of motherhood."

I thought about it for a while.

"Okay," I agreed.

He has a point. It would be more convenient for us if we lived together. He won't need to drive to my house to pick me up or drive me home, going out of his way to do that. And besides, we're almost living together. I spend nearly half of my week here in his house anyway.