Chapter 4: Planning the Day

Kwon Boram's POV

"Hey, I have just received a reply from our manager, and I was permitted to have an off on Wednesday this week. Would that work for Attorney Baek?" I informed Jin as soon as he picked up my call.

I was currently in our department's pantry, making coffee after just having my lunch.

"Great. I'll talk to him about it. And you know what? I've also talked with our event organizer, who does weddings. I'll also set up a meeting with her on Wednesday so we can make the most of your day off. What do you say?"

Minyoung entered the pantry and was about to talk until she realized I was on a call with someone, making her close her mouth. She proceeded to the cupboard and grabbed a paper cup.

"Sounds great."

"I'll ask the attorney first and let you know the final..." then there was a knock on his door. "... schedule. Hold on a second, Love."

He talked with his secretary briefly regarding a report submitted by their advertising team. He also told her to ensure his Wednesday schedule was free from work-related agendas.

"Who's that?" Minyoung asked, stirring her cup of coffee.

"My fiance," I answered, making her grin.

"When do I meet this fiance? I'm intrigued."

"I told you, on our wedding, you will."

"Oh, come on! Not even a photo?"

I shook my head, making her roll her eyes at me.

Then, he was back on the line. "Still there, Love?"

"Yep, still here. Have you had your lunch?" I asked, changing the topic.

"I'm about to. Have you?" He asked back.

"Mmm-hmmm. I'm having coffee right now before getting back to work. It would help if you had your lunch now. I won't hold you any longer. Just text what the Attorney will say."

"Alright. I will. I love you. See you later."

"See you later. I love you too." I was the one to hang up the call.

"Look at that smile," Minyoung began to tease, poking my shoulder repeatedly.

"Stop it. You act like I had just entered a relationship."

"It looks like one. Say it's been three years, but you're glowing so much as if you just got together. Did anything happen? I've never seen you like this before."

"Well, I mean, we recently just lived together."

"Aww!" She cooed.

"Well, we thought it would be convenient for us to live together, anyway." I glanced at the clock and noticed we only had five minutes left before the break ended. "We should go back to our desks," I told her.

Back at home, as we both arrived, we noticed a car parked in front. Recognizing that it was Jennie, we both wondered what she was doing in the house and rushed in.

We found her in the kitchen, watching Ahjumma fondly while she set up the table for dinner. "How much does Jin pay you? I'd like to double that and have you in my place instead, but don't tell Jin I said—"

"Nope. Too late! Ahjumma is not going with you!" Jin said, rushing beside his cousin and glaring at him. The scene confused me, but that made Ahjumma laugh.

"And who are you to decide for her?!" She answered back but immediately dropped the act with a laugh. "I'm just kidding. I wasn't trying to get her. Ahjumma cooks great, and it's making me miss my mom." Then she looked in my direction. "Oh, hi!"