Chapter Five

When I met Peyton I felt different. Like that feeling you get when you are about to go down a really big hill on a rollercoaster. Excited and impatient. I loved then way she tryed to leave us to our own business but couldn't help laughing at our idiot ways. I really wanted to sit by her on the tour bus. I wanted to learn more about her. 

" So Peyton... what are you like?" I asked. 

"I'm 17. I have a dog named Buckles and I live with my stup- I mean wonderful dad." She said and smiled. 

"What about your mum?" asked Niall. 

She turned and looked at him with a worried look. She sighed and turned toward the floor. 

"My mum.... she umm isn't here anymore....." she said like she was un sure about herself. 

"But I have a step mom!" She finished. 

I looked around in the awkward silence. Peyton turned toward me and smiled. Crap. She caught me staring at her again. I smiled back and turned my head away. Suddenly Louis ran in with silly string. Oh no. He sprayed Peyton right in the face. She threw her head back and laughed loudly. She ran after him and took the silly string. I picked up a can of it from the floor and sprayed Liam. 

"Oh no you didn't!!!" He said like a diva. 

I laughed and ran behind a confused Zayn who just walked in. Liam accindently sprayed Zayn, and Zayn, being the little dive he is, stromed off. The next thing I knew Peyton was coating me with a layer of green silly string. I tackled her to the ground and sat on her legs. 

"Get off me!!!!" She yelled and laughed. 

"Never!!!!" I said as I sprayed her with purple silly string. 

She wiped off her face and pushed me off her. 

"Okay guys I'm done. My legs hurt." she said poking my head. 

She walked to the bathroom to wash off her face. When she came back I gasped. She had a giant black eye and her lip was busted. 

"Peyton what happened?" I asked. 

She thought a second and ran back to the bathroom with wide eyes. I followed her. 

"Peyton you can tell me." I said, leaning against the door frame.

"I simply fell..." she said looking in the mirror. 

I knew a person couldn't fall and get that screwed up. I sighed and went along with it. I walked back and sat on the couch. Peyton walked back and sat by me and Niall.

*** PEYTONS P.O.V ***

Thank goodness no one else noticed my bruises. I really hope Harry believed that I fell. No one needs to know my dad hurts me. He is the only thing I have right now. I loved him even though he hurt me a lot. I prayed for him. The last person I wanted knowing about my father is one of the biggest stars in the world. I looked at my phone and there was a text from my step mom. 

"PEYTON! ME AND YOUR FATHER ARE GOING TO KILL YOU IF YOU ARENT HOME IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES." it said. 

Oh no. The text was sent 10 minute ago. I ran up to the driver and made him open the door. I ran as fast as I could towards home. There were foot steps behind me. I slowed down and Harry came up beside me. 

"What are you doin'?!" he said.  

"I have to go home!!!" I said loudly. 

"Toss me your phone!" he said.  

He caught it and typed in his number. He also typed in the other boys numbers. I took it back and started to sprint. As he slowed down I looked back and waved.

*** AT HOME ***

Dad pushed me into a shelf and the corner stabbed into my side, knocking it off balance and causing a picture frame to hit my head. I slid down to the ground only to have my dad pulled me back up by my hair and slammed me down again. My step mother began to kick my stomach and rib cage. Dad pulled me up to my feet, letting him slap me angrily. I tossed my head to the side and letting fat, hot tears roll down my cheeks.

"How many times do we have to hit you for you to understand not to come home late!?" he snapped in my ear.

I hung my head after my father tossed me aside, walking to his bedroom with my mother and locking the door to sleep.

How can someone sleep after beating the crap out of his daughter?

I rested my head against the shelf and picking up the shattered picture frame from in front of me. The picture in it was beautiful; My father, my mother, and I sat together under a tree, smiling and laughing at the Easter Sunday picnic. It was a beautiful time in my life because everyone was so happy... I wished it lasted longer. Now everything is so gloomy and depressing, maybe it'll get better...