Chapter One

I woke up and silently listen for noise downstairs. I prayed my parents weren't home. It was all quiet except for the soft hum of the washer machine. Sitting up, I stretched and yawned loudly. Buckles, my border collie puppy, was all curled up beside me. He twitched around in his sleep. He was probably dreaming about chasing a stray cat again. I picked him up and slowly walked down the stairs into the small and cramped kitchen.  

"Buckles! Breakfast!" I yelled as he came in running. 

I poured the puppy chow in his blue bowl and put bread in the toaster. My phone buzzed as my alarm went off. It said I had to be at work in an hour. The toast popped out and I quickly shoved it in my mouth. I ran upstairs and into my closet and pulled out a Starbucks sweatshirt and skinny jeans. After I put on my outfit I pulled my wavy dirty blonde hair in a neat bun. Thankfully Starbucks was right around the corner so I slipped on my tan uggs and grabbed my phone. 

"Buckles! Come on baby!!! We got to go to aunt Diana's!!" I yellled from the garage. 

He ran to the car and jumped in.

Diana was the dog groomer my actual mom knew and grew up with. I sighed at the thought of my mom. She died when I was 14 in a car crash with my older brother. Now I'm 17 and it still haunts me...... she was more than a mom to me. She was my best friend. She helped me through the time my ACTUAL best friend moved away. Her name was Anna White. She was acting strange before she left and never came back. I try to call her but she never answers. 

As I drove to drop off Buckles at Diana's, we pasted Shawn walking into Starbucks. I hate him. For some stupid reason, he bullys me. And only me! Hes probably just going into Starbucks because I work there and he wants to get and early start on me today. 

I dropped off Buckles and went back to Starbucks.

* AT STARBUCKS * 

"Hello and welcome to Starbucks of London. How may I help you?" I asked a lady with firey red hair. 

"I would like a coffee with caramel please love." She smiled. 

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. 

"One coffee with caramel!!" I yelled into the kitchen. 

As I walk my way back up to the counter, I saw Shawn flirting with some stupid bleach blonde that went to my school. He turned towards me and glared. He walked up to the counter and slammed his hands in front of me. I moved back a little and glanced at his hands and then back up at his face. 

"Listen up idiot. I got a hot date over there and so help me if you mess this up I will personally beat the crap out of you." He loudly whispered. 

I looked behind him at the girl he was flirting with a second ago." Oh is that her? Is she blind?" I asked. 

He huffed and walked back to her. I rolled my eyes as he walked back up to the counter with his arm around the girl. 

"Yeah we would like one coffee one cappicinno and two apple pies." He said to me. 

"Sure. Coming right up." I said as I fake smiled. 

I jogged back to the kitchen and told them his order. My close friend named Marie walked up to me. 

"Hey girly. So what do that scumbag Shawn say to ya?" she asked. 

"Just that he had a hot date and if I messed it up he would beat me up on Monday. No big deal. The usual." I joked. 

Marie looked at Shawn and the girl." Is she blind or something?"  

"I hope so. Poor girl WILL be blind when so relises who she is on a date with." I laughed. 

Marie walked back to her station and gave an older man his order. I really hoped it wasn't all for him. His order looked fit for about 5 or 6 people. The guy looked a little familiar, too. I think his name is like Paul or something.