Chapter Seven

When we got home, I slipped on my dress. We walked out to the town and stopped outside The Funky Budda. I gulped. My nerves were getting the better of me because I've never ever been to a party before. What if one of us got hurt?

I walked to the door and placed my hand on the doorknob.  

"Are you going to open it or what?!" Louis yelled. 

I nodded and slowly opened it.

Music was blaring and everyone was drinking. Niall ran over to the bar and order us drinks. After he handed me mine, I just held it. Zayn looked at me. 

"Are you going to drink, Peyton?" He asked. 

I smelt the drink and lifted it up to my lips.  

"I can't. Its gross." I said. 

I threw it on the dirty floor. Harry and Louis were dancing with some girls on the floor. A rush of jealousy washed over me. Wait. Why did I care? The thought left my mind and I sat down at a both with Niall. He took a sip of his beer and watched people dance like idiots. 

"So your not a big partier?" He asked. 

"No. I'm kinda freaked out by all the people." I said, facing him. 

He nodded and stood up. Niall drank the rest of his drink and walked towards the bar. I sat there,  bored out of my mind. Harry walked over to me and sat down. He looked tired and wore out.  

"Are you okay?" I asked. 

He sighed loudly. "Not at all. I ran away from some guy that threated to hurt me. I don't know where he is... Its pretty scary." He said. 

Suddenly he slid under the table. A tall, well built man walked up to the table and slammed his hands down on it. 

"Have you seen a scrawny lad walk through here with curly hair?" He asked. 

My eyes widened because Shawn stepped out from behind him. He smirked. 

"Yeah, where's the boy?!" Shawn yelled over the music. 

"I don't know how your talking about!" I yelled. 

I stood up and Shawn grabbed my wrist. I jerked back and swatted his hand away. 

"I know you know where he is! Tell us!"  

I whinced when he yelled. He grabbed a fist full of my hair and pulled it. Hard. He smirked. 

"Tell us NOW." He demanded. 

I felt my throat grow sore. My eyes stung with tears. I started to point to under the table but before I could Harry jumped out and tackled Shawn. He pinned him to the floor. 

"Ever touch her again and I swear on your grave I will ruin you, you jerk!!!" Harry yelled in his face. 

I stood there with my hand over my mouth. I started to cry and pushed Harry off of Shawn. 

"Stop! This is stupid!" I said.  

Shawn stood up and pushed Harry against a wall. He was much bigger than Harry and that scares me. I walked over to Shawn and punched him in the gut. He dropped Harry and stumbled backward onto the dance floor. I kneeled down beside a dazed Harry. 

"Are you okay? Please be okay." I said, worried as I wiped the stray curls from his forehead.

He finally stood up and looked around. "We got to get out of here. Okay follow me." he said as he took my hand. He led me outside and we sat down on a bench. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. 

"Why did you do that? You know, attack Shawn?" I asked. 

He looked at the street that was busy with late night traffic. "If I told you it wouldn't be fun anymore would it?" 

I tilted my head confused. "Not necessarily." I said, "You could tell and in could still be fun." I joked. 

"I really, really don't want to tell you. Use that imagination of yours and try to figure it out." He said. 

He smiled down at me. I smiled back.

He is such a weirdo. A cute weirdo.