Chapter Two

I walked straight into a fight when I walked into my house from work. My parents were screaming and throwing things... again.  

"STOP FIGHTING YOU GUYS ITS ANNOYING!!!!!!" I screamed as loud as I could. 

They totally ignored me and kept fighting. I groaned as I picked up Buckles and walked upstairs to my room. Buckles walked to his bed and laid down. I slammed the door hoping it would shut my parents up. No luck at all. I guess I could try to call Anna again. I dialled the number hopelessly and waited for her to pick up.

My breath hitched as I heard a familiar "Hello?" from the other line. 

"Anna?!" I said. 

"Umm Anna isn't here right now...... PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP."she said and hung up. 

I felt a lump in my throat as I started to cry a little.

My best friend since grade 3 didn't want to talk to me. Its been hard making friends at school without because I mean what if they left me too? What if they decided they didn't like me anymore? Life was terrible right now. If I hadn't texted mom when she was driving... it was my fault. Everything bad was my fault. 

Suddenly my dad bursted into my room. "GET OVER HER, PEYTON!!!" he yelled. Oh no. This only meant one thing.  

I walked over to my angry, sweaty father."Ye-yes?" I asked, scared.  

He grabbed my hair and pulled me to the ground. I crawled over to the wall. 

"THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR COMING HOME LATE!!!" he yelled in my face. 

"DADDY I CAN EXPLAIN!!! PLEASE!!!" I pleaded. 

The next thing I knew, I was in a little ball in the floor. My head hurt and my nose was bleeding really bad. I looked at the clock and it was 1:00am. Mom was out and dad was too. I limped up to my room and sat on my bed. Tears poured down my face. Buckles curled up beside me and I finally laid down. The sky outside was beautiful and starry. I wish I could just run away, or at least find someone who wouldn't hurt me like everyone else.