Chapter Nine

Finally, I went to bed after the boys left.

I grabbed Buckles and sat him on his little doggy bed he never sleeps in. He usually ends up with me. I slid down under the warm comforter and started to doze off. Suddenly, I jumped up and ran downstairs. Someone was banging on the door. It was my parents. I groaned and let them in. My step mom walked up to me. Her eyes had bags under them and her breath smelt of wine and liquor. She looked and me and smiled. She slightly kissed me forehead. 

"Such a good girl..." she said. 

I looked at her as she walked into her and dads room. Dad was already passed out and mom closed and locked the door like every night. I stared at the door. They must have been really, really drunk. They usually come home and beat me.

Weird.  

I started to walk back upstairs and someone started to knock on the door again. I looked out the window. It was the guys. And fans were chasing them! I opened the door and after the stumbled in I locked it. 

"Why are you all here!" I loudly whispered. 

"Why are you whispering?" asked Louis whispering. 

I rolled my eyes. "My parents just got home. They will ki- I mean wake up if you are to loud!" I said. 

"Can we stay here?" asked Liam. 

I looked at my parents room and upstairs and then out the window at the crazy fans. 

I sighed."Fine. We have to figure out how to get you out of here in the morning though..." I said as I ran my hand though my hair. 

"Yay! Where do we sleep?" Harry said. 

"In my room I guess. In the floor."  

We walked upstairs and into my room. I threw my spare sheets in the floor. 

"There make yourself comfortable and go to sleep."I said and laid down. 

After awhile I heard a lot of moving around in the floor. 

"Psssssssst Peyton! I cant sleep down here!" Louis loudly whispered. 

I groaned. "I'll sleep in the floor... Get up here and go to sleep." 

I walked over to where Louis was sleeping. He had already fell asleep. Apperantly he was sleeping at the end of my bed by Harry. This was going to awkward. I laid down and scooted as close to the bed as I could. Thankfully, Harry wasn't moving and I started to fall asleep.

***MORNING***

I was woken up by soft snoring and breathing on the back of my neck. An arm was wrapped around my waist. I turned over to see a sleeping Harry Styles. I tried to remove his arm from me by pushing him. His grip only got tighter. I sighed, pulling at his arm and he pulled me into his chest. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as my head rested against his bare chest. I looked up at him, realizing what I was doing.

"Harry. Harry, wake up." I begged quietly.

He opened his sleepy green eyes and smiled, "Hello Peyton." he said with a raspy voice.

My heart fluttered when he said my name.

"Please let me go." I whined. 

He chuckled and rolled over letting me go. I sat up and looked around. There was Zayn, Liam, Louis, and Harry. All asleep. Wait. Where is Niall?! Suddenly, I heard a scream. Oh no.

I ran downstairs with the others at me heels. My parents were in the kitchen, with an extremely confused Niall, trying to eat a donut. My dad looked at me with anger in his eyes. 

"WHO IS THIS?!" he screamed. 

"Dad he's just my friend." 

He looked behind me at the others. "ARE THEY JUST YOUR FRIENDS TOO BRAT?!" he yelled. 

"Yes. They all are. Can you please stop screaming?" 

He walked up to me and grabbed my wrists. "IS THAT BACK TALK I HEAR?!" He screamed right in my face. 

He threw me to the ground and poured his coffee on me. The hot beverage burned my skin and left red spots. I started to cry. 

"Clean this mess up or else, young lady. Me and your mother are going to Ireland for the week with our friends." He stated.

He grabbed the last bag and they walked out the door. I looked up at the boys staring down at me. Embarrassment took over me as, I stood up and ran up to my room, sobbing loudly. I started to screamed at the ceiling and punch my door.

I was over the edge with my life. Every time something bad or different happened, I was blamed and tortured for it. Ever since my mother died, my father acted like everything was my fault, even though it wasn't. I had put up with it for years now, and I couldn't handle it anymore.

"WHY ME?! WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME?! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!" I screamed to the ceiling.

I calmed down and slid down with my back to the door. The boys were knocking on my door, calling out to me, trying to comfort me. Finally, they stopped. After a while there was a single knock at my door.  

"Peyton. It's me Harry. Please let me in."  

"No." 

"Please. Lets talk."  

I stood up and opened my door. Harry was there with a sad look on his face. He opened his arms to me and I ran up to him. He wrapped me in a warm, loving hug. I cried harder. We walked over to my bed and sat down. He still was holding me. 

"You can talk to me." 

"Why do you care about me? I'm useless. My parents don't even want me." 

He took a deep breath. "You are not useless. You are amazing. Your dad just can't treat you right for some reason, and that's okay. There are a lot of people that treat you good. Like us. We love you. All of us. And Anna loves you. The day she came to live with Zayn she was crying. Because she missed you and loved you."

I shrugged.  

"And Peyton. Most importantly. I-umm-I love you." He said. 

I looked up at him. "Like how?" 

My stomach tickled and I held back a smile. This can't be happening. Harry Styles loves me?

"Like this." He said. 

He shyly leaned forward, brushing his pink lips on mine. Without hesitation, he held the back of my neck and pressed our lips together, making me blush and melt under his touch. My eyes fluttered closed and our lips moved in sync, pulling away moments later.

I stared silently into his now bright green eyes, to breathless to say anything at all.

"So, erm, d-do you love me too?"

I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him. His hands rested on my hips and he kissed my cheek.

"I love you too, Harry." I said against his shoulder.