EIGHTEEN

Wang Yibo lay on the bed with teary eyes. Since Xiao Zhan left an hour ago, Yibo tried to suppress his distress in every way. But somehow, he felt even sadder as time passed.

"Zhan Ge," Yibo whimpered softly, hoping that calling the man's name would alleviate the tightness in his chest. Unfortunately, it only made him feel sadder. He remembered how Xiao Zhan left him earlier, and until now, he hadn't returned, even though it was already 9 p.m.

Creak!

The sound of the door opening echoed softly. Perhaps the person was trying not to disturb him. However, Yibo knew exactly who it was.

"Darling, are you asleep?" Yibo remained motionless, still facing away from the door, while Xiao Zhan looked at him in silence for a moment.

"Yibo?" he called again, with tenderness and concern. But Yibo didn't move from his position or respond to the call.

"Is something bothering you?" Xiao Zhan moved up to the bed, lying facing Yibo's back, then placed his hand on Yibo's stomach. He felt the gentle movements of their unborn child, who seemed to sense his touch. But just a few moments later, Yibo gently moved his hand away, as if expressing discomfort. This action puzzled Xiao Zhan, who blinked repeatedly, unsure of what was happening with his beloved.

"Why? Normally, Yibo likes it when gege touches his stomach?" Xiao Zhan was about to reach out his hand again but stopped when he saw Yibo's body clad in a white pajama tremble. Xiao Zhan immediately pulled him closer until they shared a gaze.

"Darling?" Xiao Zhan muttered slightly shocked, upon seeing tears escape from Yibo's eyes, flowing continuously.

"What's wrong? Is Yibo sick?" Xiao Zhan asked worriedly, wiping away the tears from Yibo's chubby cheeks.

Yibo didn't respond; he remained silent, his sobs stifled.

"Darling, please tell me. Did gege hurt your feelings?" This time Xiao Zhan spoke as gently as possible, stroking Yibo's shoulders and pulling his trembling form into his embrace. Xiao Zhan felt guilty for making his beloved cry, and he felt powerless to do anything about it.

"Gege is mean!"

After receiving a warm hug from Xiao Zhan, Yibo's cries became louder, echoing softly in the room and filling Xiao Zhan's ears.

"Gege is mean, why did you leave me? I also wanted to go out at night, with Gege," Yibo said between sobs, nestled against Xiao Zhan's chest.

"Forgive me, my love, forgive me," Xiao Zhan whispered, stroking Yibo's back as he continued to sob softly. It was painful to realize that it was all because of him.

"I also wanted to be with Gege. We've been married for over eight months, but Gege never takes me out. Did Gege forget? And when someone else invites Gege, Gege readily accepts," Yibo vented, although it wasn't what made him cry. He was jealous, but it wasn't elegant to be angry because of that woman. "Am I not important?"

Truly, it was Xiao Zhan's fault as the dominant partner here. How could he not think of it? Especially when his wife felt so sad.

"Why does Yibo think that way? Yibo means everything to gege. Everything, my love."

 "Nonsense!" Yibo retorted quickly, causing Xiao Zhan to close his mouth. He couldn't believe that Yibo, known for his gentleness and lack of rebuttal, was speaking so roughly.

"Yes, I'm sorry, sorry. Gege is wrong, forgive gege, my love. Gege promises that after Wang Zi is born, we will go out every day, every night, and whenever Yibo wants?" Xiao Zhan quickly interjected, pulling Yibo's body closer and wiping away his tears.