NEWS UPDATE: USC VP TEMPORARILY ASSUMES PRESIDENCY

USC VP TEMPORARILY ASSUMES PRESIDENCYby Ambrielle Zeferino

by Ambrielle Zeferino

University Student Council (USC) Vice President Castiel Seville has taken the oath as acting president of the highest governing student organization.

Under Article V, Section 3, Subsection A of Elysian University's Constitution and By-laws, the vice president is mandated to assume the powers and duties of the presidency in the event of the incumbent's temporary incapacity.

While roaming the campus fair, USC President Priam Torres was stabbed ten times by an armed visitor. He was rushed to the hospital and is currently in a comatose state.

The assailant was promptly identified as Brandon Cabrera, a former Business Administration student and the runningmate of the disqualified presidential candidate, Candice Delavin, in the 2021 student council elections.

With Torres' fate yet to be determined, there is speculation regarding whether or not Seville will permanently assume the presidency. Since his oath-taking, he has not made any public appearances or given press briefings.

Before assuming the role of Acting President, Seville was elevated to the vice presidency following the resignation of former vice president Valeria Encarnacion due to the coercion controversy.

#