𝟮𝟲. 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗵 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘀 {𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴}

Meredith walked into the OR where Mark was. She looked to him. "Dr Sloan. Are you almost done here?" She asked.

Mark nodded. "I'm good in two seconds. What's up?"

"I'll... I'll wait," Belle mumbled. She knew this was going to be hard. She knew how Derek had asked her to break the news

Mark smiled under his mask. "I rocked this mandibular repair. You'd never know this guys jaw was broke in five places. I'm somewhat of an artist. Not Picasso, because then his jaw would be on his forehead. I'm like, uh, Chagall, Michelangelo. I'm Michelangelo. There. Done. Hopefully I can take my girl to dinner. What do you got?" He asked.

"It's Anna They were in an accident."

•••

Mark ran out to the ambulance bay. He looked around and saw no sight of Ella or Alex . "What the hell happened?" He asked.

Owen looked over to him. "Car versus truck. That's all we know," he told him.

"And her injuries? What ... the baby?"

"We don't know yet."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Well, why the ... why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown!"He yelled.

The ambulance was heard approaching. Webber looked to Mark. "Mark, you need to sit this one out."

Mark shook his head. "I'm not sitting this one out. That's Anna . That's my kid!" He told them.

"I know. I know you want to work on her. But you have to stand back and let the people who aren't that close to her deal with this," callie told him.

Webber nodded. "Callie is right. I'm sorry. You can't be a doctor on this one," he said.

"Screw you."

"Sloan."

Mark shook his head. "Screw all of you," he said as he held a look with Callie.

Webber sighed. "Look at me, Sloan. Look at me. Look, maybe I don't understand what you two have, how you have it, but I understand this, she is your family. Anna Karev and that baby are your family, and the best way that you can help your family is to step back and let the rest of us do what you can't rationally do ... save their lives. Okay? Mark."

Mark nodded. He sighed. "I'm in the room, you hear me? Okay. I'm in the room."

"Okay. Hunt, you're in charge," Webber told Owen as they heard the ambulance getting closer.

"All right, everyone. Multiple blunt trauma protocol. Let's go!"

The Paramedic looked to the doctors. "Tachycardic and hypotensive en route. Obvious head and chest injuries."

Owen looked down at Anna. "Anna? Anna. We've got you, you hear me? Everything is gonna be okay," he told her.

"She's hemorrhaging. Wait. Hold on. Is that blood coming from her chest?"

Bailey smiled as she looked to Anna. "Oh, j ... uh, honey, we're gonna fix you up just fine. Don't you worry."

"Seat belt? Airbags?"