025, the blue gown!

CERISE HURRIED TOWARDS LORALEI with a panicked look across her face

CERISE HURRIED TOWARDS LORALEI with a panicked look across her face. She had just realised that since she was planning on not going to the ball, she did not have a beautiful gown to wear. And now that George was her date, she had to be dressed perfectly.

Loralei looked at her, confusion written across her face. "Cer?" She said, "What's wrong? You look really panicked."

"I don't have a dress," she told Loralei, "The ball is this week, and I do not have a dress!"

Loralei frowned, her eyebrows furrowing, "I thought you weren't going?" She said, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards their common room. "What changed?"

Cerise pursed her lips, avoiding Loralei's eyes. "I, uh, I have a date?" She said, making Loralei stop walking and stare at her with wide eyes. "I asked Geo —"

"About damn time!" Loralei interrupted happily, a smile spreading across her face. "Come on, I have a spare dress you can try on."

So, the two of them entered their common room and rushed to their dorm. Loralei searched through her things, before pulling out two similar gowns; One a dark blue, the other a light purple.

"Choose a colour," Loralei said, holding them up.

Cerise was in awe, they were both absolutely beautiful. "The blue," she said, reaching over to inspect it. "It is beautiful— How much was it?"

Loralei pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulders. "Wish I could tell you," she replied, "I had a feeling you would change your mind, so I bought two gowns."

Cerise threw her arms around Loralei, pulling her into a tight embrace. "Thank you," she whispered, "I honestly don't know what I'd do without you."

Loralei grinned, "Well, one of us has to have a working brain," she said, pulling out of the embrace, "Now, tell me everything!"

So, Cerise told her everything ( from Fred trapping her in an empty classroom, to the part where George said she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen ), and by the end of it, Cerise was a blushing mess.

Loralei had the biggest smirk on her face as she stared at the look that was on her best friend's face. "Cer," she said, taking both hands in her own, "By the end of the ball, I bet you will have recognised your feelings for George."

Cerise shifted in her seat, "I already have," she admitted, making Loralei's eyes widen and a grin spread across her face. "They're just small feelings —"

"No doubt, they'll grow," Loralei said, lifting her hands to cup Cerise's face, "You were basically in love with each other in first and second year, even though you didn't realise it."

Cerise frowned. "I realised it," she said, meeting Loralei's questioning eyes, "That's why I started to hate him, I realised at the end of second year."