000, the portkey!

IF WAKING UP EARLY IN THE morning was bad enough, then knowing that she was about to meet up with the Weasley's was worse

IF WAKING UP EARLY IN THE morning was bad enough, then knowing that she was about to meet up with the Weasley's was worse. Don't get Cerise wrong, she loved Ginny and Ron and Charlie and Bill, but the Weasley twins? No, thank you. They were loud and obnoxious, and obviously didn't know when enough was enough ( though, Cerise would never admit it, she could be the exact same when she wanted ). Josephine was giving Cerise a pep talk, and telling her to be nice but honestly, the Hufflepuff wasn't paying attention.  She didn't fancy seeing the Weasley twins early in the morning, it would be a terrible start to the day. . .

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it." Cerise groaned and placed her head on Josephine's shoulder as Amos called to the Weasley father.

"Amos!" said Mr. Weasley, smiling as he walked over to Cerise's father. Mr. Weasley shook his hand, and Amos was holding a moldy-looking old boot in his other hand.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone," said Mr. Weasley. "He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

"Hi," said Cedric, looking around at them all. Cedric was definitely the nicest of the twins. There was only an hour between them, Cerise was the older twin.

"And you know Josephine? And their daughter, Cerise?" Arthur introduced, making Cerise grumble a 'hello'.

"Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine," George smirked, and Cerise glared at him.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Amos asked, sending a look Cerise' way.

"Not too bad," said Mr. Weasley. "We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, guys?" Amos looked at Cedric, his obviously favourite child, before looking at the female Diggory's. "I tell you, I'll be glad when he's got his — they've got their Apparition test. Still. . . not complaining. . . Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons — and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy. . ." Amos Diggory peered around at the three Weasley boys, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh no, only the redheads," said Mr. Weasley, pointing out his children. "This is Hermione, friend of Ron's — and Harry, another friend —"

"Merlin's beard," said Amos Diggory, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er — yeah," said Harry.

"Ced's talked about you, of course," said Amos Diggory. "Told us all about playing against you last year. . . I said to him, I said — Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will. . .  You beat Harry Potter!"

"For marlin's sake, Amos!" Josephine hissed at her husband, "How many times did Cedric and Cerise have to tell you? Harry fell off his broom, it was an accidental win."

"Yeah," said Cedric, "I didn't mean to catch the snitch." He was unusually quiet as he whispered to his father.

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?" roared Amos genially, slapping his son on his back. "Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman. . . but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!"

"Amos," Josephine warned, before turning to Harry, "I'm sorry about him, he gets ahead of himself sometimes and doesn't realise what he's saying."

"I know what I'm saying," Amos muttered, "and I'm right. Our son is the better flyer."

"He's had more practice," Cerise piped up, already feeling fed up with Amos. "I'm sure if Harry was our year and had the same amount of practice on a broom as Ced, he would be just as good, maybe even better."

"Doubt that," Amos shrugged. Cerise hated admitting this, but she always found her father annoying. He always spoke over her, he always complimented Cedric and never her, he preferred Cedric over her. Sure, he was nicer, better looking, better skilled, on the Quidditch team as seeker and captain, had all the girls chasing him. Cerise had none of that; she was a bit cruel when she wanted to be, often people said Cedric was better looking than herself, he gets O's on all of his exams, she barely gets acceptable - her grades were so bad that Professor Snape told her not to return to Potions for her NEWTS which were this year and next year,  she couldn't stand the thought of flying a broom — nevermind Quidditch, she never even had a boyfriend in her entire life, and she was nearly seventeen.

The list could go on, but Cerise knows she doesn't need her father's approval of things she done. As long as her mother says it's okay, then it's okay.

"Must be nearly time," said Mr. Weasley quickly, pulling out his watch again. "Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Josie?"

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets," said Amos, even though the question was aimed at his wife. "There aren't any more of us in this area, are there?"

Josephine grabbed Cerise's hand, and smiled gently at Cedric. Her two children were her world, she couldn't imagine a life without them, and she knew Amos couldn't say the same. He could imagine a world without Cerise, but not Cedric.

"Not that I know of," said Mr. Weasley. "Yes, it's a minute off. . . We'd better get ready. . ." He looked around at Harry and Hermione. "You just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do —"

A/N: I hate Amos.