024, a cake covered face!

CERISE LIFTED A TREMBLING hand to tickle the pear by the kitchen door; She was terrified

CERISE LIFTED A TREMBLING hand to tickle the pear by the kitchen door; She was terrified. She didn't even know if George wanted to go to the ball with her, Fred never said if he wanted this to happen or not. Fred knew George better than anyone, and she knew he wouldn't convince her to ask him if George didn't want to go to the ball with her.

Taking a deep breath, she entered the kitchens. As she looked around, she spotted George sat in the corner, talking to two of the house elves.

She froze. What was she supposed to say? Everything Fred said had disappeared. Cerise had never been in this position before, and she did not like it a single bit.

"George?" She called, making him turn around and send her a confused look. "What are you doing here?"

George snorted, "I could ask you the same question," he replied. He knew what she was there for, Fred and Loralei told him everything they were planning.

Cerise pursed her lips. Great. . . What the fuck was she supposed to say?

"I guess I got hungry?" It came out as more of a question. She wasn't complaining, though, because as soon as she said that, a cake appeared in front of her. "Oh, yummy."

Immediately, she began to eat it. Glancing up, she met George's eyes and sent him a small smile. "Do you. . . Uh, do you want some?"

George grinned and shook his head, moving to sit opposite her. The table was quite thin, so they were basically face to face. Cerise didn't notice this, until she glanced up again.

George's face was inches from hers, and he lowered his voice, "Why are you actually here?"

"I felt starved," Cerise lied, smiling at herself in amusement. "This cake is nice, you should try some of it."

George chuckled, shaking his head. "No, it's okay," he said, "You enjoy it."

Cerise smiled brightly, before continuing to eat the rest of the cake. She could feel George's eyes on her, but she didn't seem to mind. She enjoyed his presence a lot more than she used to.

Once the cake was finished, a goblet of pumpkin juice appeared in front of the girl. She drank it in one mouthful.

"That cake was very yummy," Cerise said, lifting her head to look at George.

George grinned, "I can tell."

Cerise, confused, rose her eyebrows. "Oh," she said, "How?"

"It's all over your face," He told her, reaching up to wipe the cake off her nose, chin and cheeks. "Well, it was all over your face. It's gone now."

It's like George knew exactly what he was doing to her. Cerise pursed her lips, glancing away from him. She was suddenly aware of the closeness between them and she loved it.

She could still feel his eyes on her. It was like he was waiting for something. He had it all planned out — He knew she was there, Fred told him to wait in the kitchens which is where he'd send her to ask him. If she chickened out and left without asking, he would ask her before she left the kitchens. . . It was a perfect plan.

"Are you okay?" George asked. He could basically see the clogs turning in her head.

Cerise glanced at him, gave him a small smile and a nod before a comfortable silence fell upon the two teenagers.

It was silent for two minutes. Cerise spent the two minutes making a pros and cons list of reasons why she should ask him to the ball, George, however, spent the two minutes admiring the girl sat across from him.

He thought she was absolutely perfect. She was no doubt the prettiest girl he had laid his eyes on, he couldn't help but admire the way her eyes lit up when she smiled or laughed, or the way her nose scrunched whenever she became confused.

He just admired her.

Cerise lifted her head, making eye contact with him. She noticed the way his eyes seemed to light up when she looked at him, she noticed the way his lips pulled upwards when he noticed her eyes scan all of the features of his face.

"Will you go to the ball with me," Cerise blurted, she couldn't stop herself. She began to ramble. "It will be my thank you for when you saved my life, and it will be my apology for the way I've treated you these past couple of weeks. . . Unless — Unless you want to go with Angelina, I mean, I'd understand because she is a lot nicer than I am, and prettier too. Actually, I think you should go with her, she will treat you better—"

"You're cute when you ramble," George interrupted, making Cerise freeze. Her face went bright red. "Of course I'll go to the ball with you. Honestly, I wouldn't want to go with anyone else."

Cerise was completely frozen. What. The. Fuck.

George grinned at her, but before he could continue, the kitchen doors opened and in came Lee and Elijah, both of them smiling as they spoke to each other.

"Oh, hi, George. . . Hi, Cerise," Elijah smiled. Seeing Cerise's questioning gaze, he gave her a huge smile. "I done it."

Cerise grinned, "And I take it his answer was yes?"

Lee beamed brightly, "Of course it was!" He exclaimed, "I've been waiting for him to ask me since me and him first spoke."

"That's so cute," Cerise smiled.

George frowned, "What the fuck is going on?" He asked, glancing between the three others in the kitchens.

Lee and Elijah exchanged a glance and a small smile, "Well, George, I'm gay," Lee told him, and seeing the small nod come from Elijah, he continued, "And so is Elijah."

George looked at him, his eyes widening. "So, you guys are going to the ball together?" He wondered, and seeing both of them nod, he smiled. "I'm really proud of you both."

Lee smiled. "Thank you, mate," he said, sending a small nod to Cerise before turning and opening the door, getting ready to leave.

"Yeah, uh, thank you," Elijah said, his eyes filling with tears. His parents never said those words to him, ever, and to hear them come out of George's mouth ( he was convinced George hated him ) meant a lot.

When the two had left the room, George looked back at Cerise. "And just to let you know," he said, "Nobody is prettier than you — Especially not Angelina."

A/N: Okay this is so cute, and she finally asked him. George is so patient with her and it's literally the cutest thing ever.