You were "Nothing"

I open my eyes dreading waking up. It's only around three. I feel Vox sleeping soundly next to me. His body against my back holding me close. I soak in his embrace before having to get up.

I think back to last night.

(Italics used for flashback)

"Y/n?" Vox calls out for me. He turns around the corner with a loving smile. 'I'm going to miss this...' I remind myself that this is all to keep him safe. I stare at him wishing I had more time.

"Hey Vox.." I give him a small smile. I feel like my body's moving on its own. As if I wasn't controlling my actions.

"How'd it go?~" He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. "I missed you~" I take a deep breath in trying to sooth my nerves.

"I missed you too.." I rest my head on his shoulder while hugging him. "It went well." I can't keep a frown off my face. I listen to the noises outside the room. Anything to distract me from what I have to do in the morning.

He pulls away and looks me in my eyes. "Everything okay?" He puts his hand against my cheek and rubs it with his thumb. I lean my face into his hand, closing my eyes.

"Yeah- the client was just a...real...ass. Mhm" I give him a convincing nod. I lie to him only to keep him safe.

"Oh. I'm sorry sweetheart." He kisses my head gently. I pull him back into a hug.

"Can we just...stay close...tonight?" I ask quietly. I don't want to cause suspicion but I can't help it.

He again looks at me with worry and concern. He gently traces my arms with his hands. Vox walks me over to the couch.

"Mhm. Anything you want." His voice is sweet. He is very clearly concerned.

"Thank you." I murmur. Once we sit down on the couch he pulls me into his lap. I lay my head against his chest listening to his heart beating. He gently rubs my back with one hand while I hold the other.

"I love you, Y/N..." He kisses the top of my head. This brings tears to my eyes, but I'm careful to hide it.

"I love you too, Vox."

***

I sigh hard but make sure not to disturb Vox. I slip out of his grip. I pull the blanket over him a bit more.

"I'm so sorry" I whisper under my breath to Vox before placing a kiss on his head.

Here we go then...

I grab my staff and get ready for the day.

Once I'm ready I use my magic to get out of the headquarters without anyone seeing me. Specifically Orion.

Making my way down the dark streets I feel tears in my eyes.

"Fuck..."

***

"That's fucking messed up. You said I could leave nothing!" I glare at Alastor. His eyes glow in the dim lit room.

"And?~ I changed my mind. Write the letter." He narrows his eyes while keeping his smile. I glance to Aspen in the corner of the room. I don't like having them out of my sight. I don't trust them. They meet my eye contact then look away with sad eyes.

"That's not fair. You can't just go change the original plan." I clench my fists. Worst part is I can't even use my magic. Alastor put some fucking cursed bracelet on me. And took my damn staff. Aspen can't do magic either.

"Write the letter now. Or I'll write it and you'll hate what I say." He grins "So?"

"Fuck you." I grab the paper and pen.

I write what he wanted me to.

Once I'm done with the letter I hand it to Alastor.

"Hmm..." he scribbles some writing down and the note vanishes into the air. I know Vox is about to read it..

"What the fuck did you write down??" I glare at him and tense up.

Alastor smiles creepily and shushes me.

Suddenly everything goes black.

Fucking shit.

***

Our boy Orion~

I just got done with researching at the library. It's been a day since Y/N went through with her agreement. I heard Vox yelling about some note from her today before I left..

So she must've left a note like Alastor said...

I quickly turn the corner and someone runs into me. They fall down and I drop my book. Shoot!

"Oh gosh- I am so terribly sorry." I offer them a hand. They glare at me with hatred. I hesitate to do anything else.

"Watch where you're going fuck face. Don't fucking touch me." I take my hand back quickly.

"Oh sorry- I'm really sorry, I'm in a rush." I explain. I grab my book and watch them stand up.

"Yeah yeah. Go fucking kill yourself." The demon scoffs. They grab a handful of rocks next to us on the ground and throws them at me.

Pain hits my head. Thank Lucifer those were just Little Rock's and pebbles...

I rub my head standing up. Some people definitely have a reason for being here...

I force a smile.

I really hate it here sometimes..

I sigh.

As I walk down the street, getting closer to my work a bunch of people are walking out. What're all the employees doing....? People I work along side are making their way down the street with angered expressions. Some sad. Some laughing.

I walk through the front glass doors filled with confusion. I see Vox storming around angrily. Is this because of Y/N...

"Orion, man, just go home." Steve walks over to me quietly speaking. He tugs me back in the direction of the front door. I hesitate to move.

"But I'm supposed to keep working? I was just on my break." I look at everyone passing by. "Where is everyone heading..?" Steve shakes his head. I reach for his hand and he lets me hold it for a second before pulling away.

Steve opens his mouth to talk but walks away as Vox makes his way over. Anger is radiating off him. I feel my stomach drop for some reason. I try to keep my smile on.

"Hello Sir, is something wr-"

"You're fucking fired, Orion."

My smile drops along with my heart.

"What?.."

A/N

yOuRe fuCkInG fIrEd oRiOn

Lolololololoolololoodofkosdnisnd
1066 words!

I sure wonder what that note said🤔

THANKS FOR 25k!!

-CD