Trying.

An- Hey guys! Just want to start off this chapter by apologizing for my lack of activity! I know there's lots of you who adore this ff, and I used to post very often. I promise this inactivity doesn't mean I'm ending this story or discontinuing it. I'm simply going through a lot. This past week has been the most stressful week of this year so far. School is getting harder as the end of the year is coming up, I have many things to do outside of school. And if that's not enough I'm struggling with certain mental health challenges. For example, Im going in to get tested for OCD. I have been having lots of struggles with that for years and I finally reached out to get talked to by a professional. Thanks for bearing with me and giving me motivation to write! Having said all that, let's get back to our story eh?
-cede

"Horrible. Can we stop talking now?" Well that's not good-

"No." I think for a second. "I was wondering, would you like to meet up?" Orion wanted us to look out for Steve, I'll keep his one wish.

"No thanks. Y/n." He mutters. His entire voice is engraved with anger.

"Please. Orion would've w-"

"Goodbye."

And the call ends.

"Fuck." I mutter. I shove the phone away from me and rest my head on the counter, on top of my arms.

I feel Vox's hands on my shoulder, they rub them softly.

"It's okay. He's still upset." He pats my head "We'll figure it out." I sigh loudly and close my eyes. Orion asked for one thing. And he killed himself so I'd be safe.

I need to make this work.

"I'll call him again." I shrug. Vox sighs and pulls his chair closer to me. He sits down and watches me close.

I smile at him trying to stay hopeful.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"What the fuck do you want?" Steve picks up quicker this time. He sounds pissed.

"To meet up and talk."

Silence.

"Fine. You'll leave me alone after that?"

"...Maybe."

He stays quiet after that, almost like he's contemplating his options. I finally hear him speak up.

"Mk. Goodbye." The call ends again. But hey, got what I wanted, right? Vox smiles at me and yawns.

"Look, you did it. Only took you a thousand tries." I roll my eyes.

"I did it though." I grin. Vox nods sleepily. I push my chair away from the desk and offer him a hug. Without saying a word he lays into my arms and sighs softly.

"Sleepy?" I murmur softly and I rub my hands on his back.

"Mm...yeah.." he and I stand up slowly walking to our room. Once we get there I lay in the bed.

"Me too." I smile at him.

Though, he doesn't smile, he frowns. I sit up a tad confused. Why are you frowning?...

"I don't wanna go to bed. You like ignored me that whole time we sat trying to get him to answer the phoneee...and only paid a little attention when you were done..." He pouts and glares off to the side. A moment passes before I come to a realization.

"Are you... jealous?" I tease. Vox glares at me and crosses his arms.

"No." He says whilst still standing in front of me.  A few seconds pass. I grin, amused.

"So, you're fine if I just go to bed right now?" I ask him. Vox hesitates then grumbles.

"No.."

"Well why not?" I wait for him to answer the teasing but he just pouts some more. Like a child. I chuckle softly.

"Come here, you dork." I open my arms for him. I watch his face instantly light up and he jumps into the bed, shoving himself into my embrace.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pushes himself into me as much as he could. I smile. I put my arms around him and gently trace my hands on his back. I feel him completely relax under my touch. What a baby. Love pounds from my heart all throughout my veins.

"Y/n?..." I hear Vox whisper.

"Hm?" I look at his face. His expression is soft. He looks at peace. This face. This is the one I wish I could always see. Laced with happiness. Full of love. Peaceful.

"I love you. So so so much. Thank you." He keeps his voice low and soft. Butterflies flutter in my stomach. I can't help my smile at him lovingly.

"I love you too, Vox. Thank you too." I kiss his head. Words couldn't describe how happy I am I'm here. I had given up entirely. I thought it was the end of everything I loved. But here I am.

"You're so perfect...." His voice grows quiet. He starts breathing steadily. I feel him fall asleep.

I take in the embrace once more, before letting myself fall into slumber.

Meep :3

Such a sweet ending. Next chapter will be so sillay. Someone wanted to see more of "Y/n's life" So we're gonna throw in some!

-Cd