A hellish "dream" and a hellish drink (pt 1)

"Excuse me! Miss!" I struggle to grab all the cards flying in the wind, dancing through the streets.

The lady keeps walking unaware her cards have all dropped from her bag. I finally grab the last card in the wind. My h/c flies into my face. What a fucking windy day- I roll my eyes and run down the street I had seen the lady.

She's no where in sight. Not on any sidewalk. Not anywhere. I sigh and look down at the handful of cards I had in hand.

No no no- I know what this is- RUN

Something is against my head. I know exactly what's about the happen.

A boom explodes in my ears and the memory goes black.

Fuck fuck-

"Where are you from, Y/n?"

I remember that question. I thought it was so weird to ask. I had just said I showed up in hell.

"Y/n. Answer me."

My vision shows a red shaded room. I panic and reach for my staff. Except it's not there. I look at my hand. It's a shadow.

"Ah, Y/n there you are, dear." I am met with a grin. There stands Alastor. But I know this isn't real. I can't let it get to me.

"They're  dangerous." His tone changes and my vision darkens. I try to make out what the room looks like now. I feel the environment shift.

"But- Y/n has never been-" Aspen...?

"They're dangerous. Their magic isn't normal for a mortal soul. They're hiding something."

"Y/n is my boss. My...best friend- I am most certainly not trusting you."

My vision glows up once more.

I see Aspen and Alastor standing face to face in an alley way.

"You'll do exactly what I say. I have a curse set up on Y/n. You disobey me and they die. You tell them, they die. You do anything wrong, they die." Aspen's face twists into panic.

"No!- Hurt me- curse me! Not them. Please- leave Y/n out of this." Aspen yelps.

Alastor chuckles. "They'll be fine so long as you be a good demon and listen."

Aspen looks at a window nearby and reaches for their chest.

"They mean everything to me. I'll do anything you say, I promise, just don't hurt them."

Alastor reaches his hand out.

"Make a deal then. Give me your soul and I won't even lay a finger on them."

Aspen no....

"Deal."

They shake and my vision goes black.

***

"Good morning, sweetheart~ took you a while." Vox smiles at me while I walk out of our room to the living room.

"Morning.." I murmur and sit down on the couch. My dream... There's no way it could be right..

If it is, Alastor pulled the same spell on Aspen that he did me...

Did that actually happen?

Guilt, worry, fear, regret all make their way under my skin, fueling my mind thoughts. I lean back and stare at the wall across the room. What was he saying about me?... My magic's not normal? I mean, I'm the overlord of magic, my magic seems pretty normal considering that.

This is a dream. It was just a dream.

"Y/n?" Vox calls my name from where he's sitting at his desk. My attention breaks and I turn to him.

"Yeah?" My voice is quiet.

"You're really...off, this morning?" His face changes to one of concern.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry. I had like- a really weird dream."

"Oh, okay." He walks over to me, sitting right beside me. He grabs my hand and rubs his thumb on it. I lean my head onto his shoulder, thinking.

I close my eyes. A vivid memory of my dream plays in my head. The cards.

The symbols engraved on my staff flash inside my minds eye. They match perfectly. But I can't get ahead of myself. This was a dream.

Not real.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Vox's voice is low and soft, full of an attempt to comfort me. I shake my head.

I just have to brush it off. It wasn't real.

"Mk.." He wraps his arms around me. I relax into his embrace as he lays down on the couch, holding me in his arms.

"If you ever need anything, Y/n, I'm always here for you." He murmurs, "Okay?"

"Mhm.." I nod.

I feel like Alastor knows more about me than I do...

Hey! Yes this is a short chapter, why? So you guys don't have to wait longer

I'm really dealing with a lot of shit, but hey, this story is important to people, and you guys are important to me.

Sorry this chapter isn't one of my best. It's been worked on every once in a while for like ten days, it probably isn't so smooth.

Anyhow
Take care!
-Cedz