Chapter 21

Funneh's POV
It's been a few weeks, and today was the first of October! I was so happy because it's my birth month, and Gold wanted to go Halloween costume shopping today, so we don't do it late like we did some other times, heh.

We were going with Rainbow Lunar and Aly! I was texting Alec about it, and it seems like Aly looked over and saw it. So she asked to come as well. So it's like a girls' day! I was so excited to see Aly again because she is so relatable. I just like her. Is that weird?

I don't know, lol.

I was getting ready in my room. I put on a white T-shirt with black leggings and the jacket I always wore. It was black with blue stripes on the sleeves. I heard Gold singing to Olivia Rodrigo in the bathroom. She was probably doing her hair or makeup... or both. I've seen her do that! It was crazy and it actually looked good.

I went downstairs with my phone and some cash. I looked in the cabinets for some cereal but there wasn't any left. I groaned. I grabbed the bread instead and put it into the toaster. I leaned against the counter as I waited.

I turned on my phone. I didn't realize it was like 1:45 pm. I didn't know it was that late! I thought it was 10 am. Bruh.

Anyways I got a text from Aly.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Aly: when r we leaving?
Aly: Mom said no to me driving, so we can't do that
F: LOL, I remember the last time
Aly: Shut up! Alec distracted me!
F: Hey hey, I was just saying, but we're waiting on Gold and probably Rainbow. I'll ask her
-------------------------------------------------------------
F: Hey, u ready?
R: NO! ARE WE LEAVING?!?!
F: No, I was just asking because Gold isn't ready, lol
R: Oh, okay, I'll still hurry up!
F: Okay 🙃
-------------------------------------------------------------
F: Nope, she's not ready either
Aly: Oh, I want to meet her she sounds like so much fun
F: she is so much fun! You two are quite similar to each other
Aly: I can't wait. I'm litterally pacing rn
F: Calm down! They're almost done, I think
-------------------------------------------------------------
I sighed. I forgot how impacient she is. I laughed. She is kind of like a mini me if you think about it. Just a little more sass. Maybe she would be Gold and I's child if we ever had one. I laughed again.

"Hey, I'm ready!" Gold yelled as she came downstairs. "Took you long enough," I said. "I'd rather be fashionably late than not look fashionable and on time," she smirked. I rolled my eyes. "Aly was getting impacient," I said. "Oops, sorry," she smiled. I laughed, and then she laughed. "Sorry, that was kind of mean," Gold said. "Yeah, that was a little mean, we have to be nice to little sisters," I said. "She's literally not bad," she laughed. "Come on, let's go," I laughed.

Gold's POV
We arrived at the mall with everyone. "It's loud," Lunar commented. "Well, that's the mall for ya," I smiled, turning to face her. She didn't smile, she gave me nothing. Not even an uncomfortable look or a look of disgust like she always did when I would drag her to the mall with me a few years ago.

"Well, let's go look at costumes!" Aly said, pointing to the store, us a floor above us. "Yeah!" Rainbow said as she rushed to the escalator. Aly followed and started to try to make friends with her, and of course, Rainbow was willing as well. She always loved to make friends. Her and I back in middle school would compete for popularity like not us fighting but like I was popular and then Rainbow was the most popular it kept going back and forth but we still ended up being friends.

We got up to the floor and went towards the store, which Aly pointed at. It was the same one Funneh and I went to when we were freshmen. Oh, this place gives me so many good memories... I looked at the stairs and remembered Senpai. I snorted. "Hmm?" Lunar asked. "Nothing," I tried to hide my smile. Funneh and I gave each other a look and then looked at the stairs and smiled as well, trying to hold back her laugh.

We got to the store. There weren't as many people as I thought. There were just like 2 other people in there. It was a small store but still.

"Welcome," the guy at the desk said. We all waved and smiled. "I have no idea what I want to be," Rainbow said. "Me niether," Funneh. "Hey, they have the black widow I wore 2 Halloweens ago!" Funneh pointed. "It is, and they have Alice too!" I pointed. Ooh, I kind of want to be a vampire like Alec was last year, but there's no costume," Aly said. "I have a vampire costume. You could use it if you want," Funneh. "Really?!" She asked. "Yes, of course!" Funneh said. "I want to use," she said with sparkles in her eyes. "Okay, I'll give it to you later," she laughed. "Kk," Aly said.

I looked around. "Should I be spider women er spider man?" I asked, looking at the costume. "That one would look really hot on you," Rainbow said. "Haha, yeah," I said. "I think I want it, but I'm not sure," I said. "Well, if you be spider man, I'll be another one from the spider verse," Funneh smiled. "Okay, I'll think about it," I smiled back.

I looked over at Lunar she was looking at the really old Witch costume that looks like it had actual cobwebs from who knows how long it's been there. "Do you want to be a witch?" I asked. "Yeah," she said. I helped her take it down.

We were not really successful, but we had 2 costumes down. We're almost there!
-------------------------------------------------------------
1005 Words