But We're Not Friends, You're Mine.

"You said you couldn't make it." Lee Know smiled looking at the girl who just arrived backstage, after surprising her boyfriend by making it to the concert.

"How could i miss you playing the song that was written about me? You should call me honey just like you did in the song. I think i deserve a gift for surprising you like that." Haewon smiled cheekily. He rolled his eyes and gave her a small peck.

"I think i deserve more than one!"
"This isn't a game where you pick and choose, honey." He smiled giving her another peck.
"Well, my luck is very good..." She said and he chuckled.

"Let me take you somewhere." He took her hand. He quickly packed his stuff and rode them both somewhere, not telling Haewon why they're going there. They walk into the dark space.

"What is this place?" He opened the lights to the place. "Our home. I've already bought this house and was planning to bring you here tomorrow. See if there's anything you don't like."

"I've always dreamed of this scene so many times. I want to place a large sofa here!" She pointed at a corner. "And here, a white TV cabinet. And here, I'll put a pink curtain." She rambled but stopped when the lights turned off. When she turned around, she saw a projector playing a video on the wall.

"Today is December 22, 2019. Doomsday is over."
"What are you recording?" Little Haewon in the video.
"Didn't you say we'd be happier if we recorded happy moments, i'd like to give it a try."
"But you didn't say what i just asked you to say. Lino, are you shy? You can tell me in secret first." She teased him.
"No..." He lied.

It cut to another video.

"May 26, 2020. Han's grandma made a new dessert. Choi Haewon liked it so much that she ate 2 whole bowls."
"No! A bowl and a half at most!" She tried defending herself but he picked up the bowl and showed the camera how she devoured the dessert.

It cut to another video again.

"August 7, 2020. We're watching the sunset at my hometown today. Its fun."

"Today is January 15, 2021. It's a beautiful day and it's easy to get sleepy." He showed Haewon who was sleeping on his shoulder.

"Lino, are you filming me?" It cut to another video of Lee Know secretly filming Haewon. "No." He quickly lied.
"July 28, 2022. We're in a relationship."

"Today is October 3, 2023. Im waiting to have a meal with Haewon." He looked at his watch. "Four, three, two..." She suddenly hugged him from the back.
"Hey, what are you doing~?" She asked.
"Im having a video call with my uncle." He pranked her. "WHAT?" She yelled hiding behind him.

"January 20, 2024. Because of the extra servings of bobas added to her cup of milk tea, she is overjoyed."

"March 17, 2024. Haewon is mad at me to the point where she's friend-zoning me."
"Lee Know-ssi, you're such a great friend!" She gave him a back hug. "But we're not friends." He said and she looked at him confused. "Then what are we?"
"You're mine."

"June 26, 2025. I want to propose to her, after the concert today." He moved his face closer to the camera and put a finger over his mouth, saying shh.

Haewon quickly looked over at Lee Know with teary eyes, after the video paused.

"For the first 21 years of my life, i worked hard just to keep the name Lee Minho alive. Until i met you, i had more to look forward to. I looked forward to your unexpected appearance around the corner. I looked forward to sweaty dance practices. I looked forward to every bus of the number 4419. I began to look forward to tomorrow.
Maybe... i just looked forward to see you saying 'see you tomorrow' every night. Then, i wished i could spend more time with you. Later on, i am no longer satisfied. I wish you are the first person i see in the morning. I want to watch a movie with you in my free time, and we can go for a walk after dinner. Perhaps we will have a child. I'll teach him dance, you'll teach him English. On his birthday, we'll make a cake for him." They smiled at each other.

He got on one knee.

"Choi Haewon, let's get married." She smiled widely, tears escaping her eyes.

"I-I have a bankcard." She said.
"What? Are you gonna provide for me?"
"All my red packet money from childhood is inside and i haven't spent a penny of it. I was saving it for the rings... i'd like to think that i've been saving my money since i was little just to marry you." They smiled.

He stood up and took the ring out of the box, taking her hand, he put the ring on her ring finger.

"You can't regret it anymore." He joked snd she chuckled, hugging him tight.
———————
"Next, please welcome our beautiful and graceful bride!" Han screamed into the mic and Haewon walked in, holding her father's arm. She got a custom made dress from Vivienne Westwood, her favourite designer.

Lee Know turned around to see his fiancé, soon to be wife. Her bridesmaids, aka IZTY that were standing on the side, were all crying and so were the groomsmen, aka, Stray Kids.

Finally, they were face to face. "Im in-trusting you with my daughter." Haewon's father told Lee Know before standing on the side, giving them space.

"Bride and groom, is there anything you'd like to say to each other?" Han asked the couple.

"Everyday since i was 19, my every new year's wish was to marry you. It seems like that making the same wish many times will make it come true." She said, for once not crying because she didn't want to ruin her very expensive makeup.
"It's my pleasure."

"Kiss, kiss, kiss!" The crowd started saying repeatedly making them laugh. Eventually they just gave in and attached their lips.

June 7th, 2025. Choi Haewon had finally married Lee Minho. No, it's that hes finally married her. Today should be their most unforgettable day, but that wasn't it. There were many unforgettable moments in her youth. The light that fell on them on her last trainee performance, their first kiss, the sunsets they watched together and the endless sleepovers they hosted at Bangchan's house. They laughed, they cried, they parted and they met again. The charm of youth isn't always getting what you want but about every unexpected tomorrow.

THE END.
______________________________

which hippo decided to cut onions bro