Chapter Seventeen: White Flowers

Lotus was breathing heavily during her sparing session with Jiro. He had been drilling her hard since that little breakdown over that whole little wedding ordeal. She learned that reason behind Kern targeting her and her brother was because of a threat that idiot father made almost twenty years ago things haven’t been the same. For instance the half-breed has been pushing herself harder to unlock the power that came out during the battle with Than. Another thing is that she has kept her distance away from people. So training with Ryker and Jiro like old times was rare. But they were helping her and she let them inside that hard armor.

   While taking a break Ryker came to give her some water while she rested. “You seem different,” said Ryker. He had been watching her train. “Just relax a little. It’s clear that you are stressing over something.”

    “I’m not stressing at all,” said Lotus take a huge gulp.

    “It’s your family,” the demon said bluntly. “I know it may sound hard, but you need to just let go of them. Or forget them while you’re in battle

     “Forget them? Are you serious.”

    He shook his head. How could Ryker just say to forget about her family? It’s easy for him to say that because he has no family left now. Lotus still had her brother in danger. Added onto more issues learning about who her father was weighed more heavily on her mind. Just learning more about the man that left his family to die clouded every sense of calmness she had. Setting the water down, she thought it would be best if training ended early today. Ryker sighed heavily as Jiro threw a wooden sword at him.

    “You are an idiot,” said Jiro. “Be in Lotus’ position. Just over the past month so much has happened.”

    “I am,” said Ryker coming down to his level. “It’s just I don’t mind I want her to live. In order to do that she needs to be stronger.”

    “Then take your own advice,” said Jiro getting in a fighting stance. “Understand? Then maybe your love will bloom into a flower fit for royalty.”

   “Ha-ha. This is why I love you Jiro.”

   Sparing with him Ryker thought about Lotus in the back of his mind. Though he knew what she was going through, all he could do was stay by her side hoping for the best.

    Lotus was walking through the capital building, finding her outside on the top floor. It was a nice area filled with white rose everywhere. Almost like being in a white room, but with red light above, just pureness all around her. It was strange considering she had never seen such beauty at all. Stumbling on a bench she heard the door that she came through open up. Hiding she saw two guards around the door, while an old man walked over to the bench. It was William Hares. Since he was a General, Aria thought he would be a useful hostage and be a good information source. They allowed him to spend thirty minutes each day outside in this garden. For two reasons: one is that that it was the only place he wanted to be in and two because it was on a building and the only way to escape was jumping off possibly injuring or killing himself. Thus this was the perfect location for this cold-hearted demon General to spend his day.

     As he sat there, the old man listened to the birds chirping about. He seemed so broken. Sine he lost Terra to the humans he has been cold at not revealing any information. Soon Shun came in walking through the door. He was talking to William. Lotus heard word likes invasion, plan, and how someone would be perfect for it. What could they be talking about? William turned around from him facing the direction Lotus was hiding. Sighing he said his answer so low that the only one that could hear it was Shun. Leaving him he left the garden, leaving the two guards at the door. As little birds played and chirped, the place was completely silent.