Chapter Twenty-five: Mio Silver

For a young servant girl like Mio getting up in the morning started off with making her bed clean again and getting dressed. While she ate her breakfast the servants, or bodyguards, around her were talking with Kern Silver over the phone. As you all know by now she is not some normal servant girl, but the daughter of Kern Siler. With such a precious weak point he kept this child a secret. Going as far as to have her become a servant. By doing such a drastic action he hoped that her heart towards the humans would become as cold as his own. But this was not the case for Mio at all. Instead of feeling bitter towards the humans for making her become a servant, she pitied them. She also knew how both sides worked because they were fighting for the same end goal.

     Finishing eating her breakfast she wore her servant outfit. Though she was a servant most of the time, it was just a cover up. More often than not she was not serving Yasha food. That was her only main duty was to take care of Yasha. Instead she was playing her instruments or in the garden when no one was around. In her room she had many wonderful, beautiful dresses. But at the current moment it was her duty to give Yasha his breakfast.

     Putting hairpins to keep it from coming lose she took the tray and walked down stairs. The girl was only two flights away from him, which made it easy for her to keep track of how he was doing. When she first met him, Yasha was just a scared little boy that didn’t know what was going on. Now he was this man becoming more powerful with each passing day. Walking into his room she could hear her father talking with Yasha about something. She could also tell that General Ichiro was in there as well. Since it was proper mannerisms for human servants, since Mio was considered one, not to enter the room when guest are in there that are not normally in there. Mio didn’t wait too long when Kern and Ichiro left the room. Watching the two walk away, she turned attention to Yasha. He was sitting at the table where they spent their mornings together. Yasha seemed deep in thought about something, but she couldn’t place her finger on it. Still it didn’t matter because she was able to spend time with him, which was the best part of her being secret.

      “Mio what do think about Kern Silver?” Yasha asked suddenly, while tearing into his food.

     “I honestly can’t tell you,” answered Mio. It wasn’t that she was a servant, but that she was his daughter. What could she say about him? “I mean he is the demon king. What do you think? Why do you ask?”

    “Well he was talking with me about some special training,” began Yasha looking at his food. “He said I needed to start today. I just know something bad is going to happen. I just know it.”

     “Of course he’s up to something bad,” said Mio breaking her silence. Despite the fact she loved her father, the fact of the matter is that he was never up to anything good. Still, he was the only family she had left. “It’s just the simple truth. But you’ll be fine.” Mio forced a happy smile on her face, hoping that Yasha wouldn’t see that concern hidden in there.

     “I guess you’re right,” said Yasha smiling back. “I was wondering something, Mio. Did demons kill your parents? Or are they here?”

    Mio tried to find an answer to his question, because her mother died when she was really young and her father is the king. She was tired of lying to him, but she had to. “My father is somewhere in Ryoku and my mother died when I was really young.”

     “I lost my mother too,” said Yasha cheerfully. Generally when Yasha said that he would be depressed, but knowing that him and Mio had something in common made him smile. They shared the sadness of losing a mother. “She died when I was nine. I thought I would never be able to smile again.”