Chapter Seven: Returning Shadows

Staring into his only good eye Lotus saw the darkness that made him so famous, a nice murky blue, but a twisted side to it all. Growing up she often heard rumors about how his eye didn’t have any life in them. But now staring at them she could see why that part was true, however there was some sadness in them. Even looking at his face he did seem quite handsome. Not as ugly as she thought he would be. She thought his face would be covered in scares, but not at all. Lotus could stare at him for a long time, but he was here for a reason. He might be here to kill her. How would he though? He had no weapons on him. However there was a rumor he killed fifteen men without a single weapon. So if he stabbed his hand throw her chest it wouldn’t be much of a surprise. Thinking back to the rumors people said that wherever he went darkness followed him. How on earth would Lotus escape this man? He could do anything he wanted to her and she would be powerless to defeat him. Nothing could save her, unless Ryker came to her aid. But she wasn’t going to scream out his name. The safest option for Lotus was to stay still.

      “Are you scared?” asked Than smiling. “It’s amazing how much you look like your brother. Red eyes, brown hair, and the same look that he gave me when we met.” A laugh escaped him for some odd reason. It disturbed Lotus to a certain extent.

     Pushing her fan closer to his neck. “Where is Yasha?” Lotus asked giving Than a cold look.

      “I believe he is with General Ichiro. But that’s all I’m telling you.” Than said. His arm soon began to reach for the fan that wasn’t pointed at him. Taking hold of it he looked at how it was crafted and what made these fans so special. “Do you know why I’m here?”

      “To kill me,” answered Lotus. She knew very well that’s what he was here for.

      “You are smart! Such a good little rose.”

      “If you want to kill me, just go ahead and do it!”

      “Ugh. It’s almost sad that I have to kill you,” said Than looking at the fan. “It’s not even fun. These fans are amazing. Even you are amazing. It makes me wonder why Ichiro didn’t choose you.”

       “Does it matter? All that matters is that he took my brother.”

        Than started to fold and un-fold the fan. Almost like he was thinking something over, or giving Lotus the chance to think something over. “Because you are not easy to tame. Yasah he’ll do anything just to protect his beloved sister.”

        “And I would do anything to protect Yasha.  I wouldn’t satisfy the needs of demons.”

       “There you go! That’s the reason. Even now you are being who you are. You really are a good little rose.”

       “So if you are here to kill me, just kill me!”

      “As you wish, little rose.”

      In that instant without any movement Than was behind her facing the little creek. How long had he been standing there? How did he get there so fast without her noticing? A warm feeling came down from legs and side of her body. Looking down she had been slashed on both legs and blood was coming out, along with a wound around her abdomen. Falling to the ground she noticed Than still had her fan in his hand. He used her weapon against her. Not only was this sneaky, but clever. He walked over to the immobile Lotus, grabbing onto her hair. Decapitation was what went through her mind. Grabbing her fan she was ready to cut herself free from his grasp. However this was not necessary when a small knife cut through the fan attaching itself to a tree. Than smiled as he looked at Ryker holding his blade. It had been a long time since he saw his student. Letting go of Lotus he came closer to Ryker.