Chapter Twenty-seven: Drew Mason

It had been a week and half since they heard from this Drew Mason character that was coming with more reinforcements. Though there wasn’t much to him, Aria talked about him like he was a childhood friend. So he must have been close to her. Even Viper from Ryoku knew and valued this man. Ryker didn’t much about, thus he didn’t trust this Drew Mason at all. However he had no choice. He had to trust him in order to win this war.

     Lotus was outside in the city talk with Natasha about the attack on Terra the demons led and how there was a fake Yasha. Tales of war were just interesting to a girl whom only knew of the Neutral Grounds. Though many of these tales were sad, the fighting and the skills everyone had were amazing. Laughing and walking on the walls of Terra together was just the most fun Lotus had since she left her home. Soon an armored appeared over the horizon. The two girls rushed over to the watchtower to inform them that they were coming. Leaving Natasha she went to meet Drew Mason. She was the first one at the front gate. Thoughts about what he might look like ran through her mind as the men began coming out one by one. None of them looked to be their leader. Of course you never know what he might be. Soon a man with blond hair and brown eyes came out. He wore a navy blue jacket with the royal symbol on the left shoulder. This must be the Captain Mason that everyone has been talking about. This man was really rather tall and handsome to look at. Almost like he was royalty. For a quick moment Lotus didn’t know what to say or how to act. She had never seen a human with his distinct facial features before.

      He came right up to Lotus, smiling. “So you must be the red-eyed half-breed I heard about,” said Drew taking a closer look at the girl. “At first I thought they would look weird, but they suit you very well.” Lotus didn’t reply, just looked at him in amazement. “Oh right. Captain Drew Mason at your service.” He gave a little salute.

      Finally snapping back to normal she gave him a salute as well, though she didn’t know if this was proper or not. “Thank you,” said Lotus. “I’m Lotus Storms. I assume everyone is waiting inside for you.”

     “Perfect,” he said. “My men would like time to rest and I need to see Commander Bells.”

     “I’ll take you there,” said the half-breed. “Follow me.”

     Letting the men rest, Drew followed Lotus to meet Aria Bells. Lotus couldn’t believe at how well built his troops were. They were about the size of Jiro. If they wanted to they could train with him without any trouble. Some people, while they were walking, stopped and stared at the Captain. They had never seen one before and he was something to look at. He was a little bigger than Jiro, but the muscles were as intense as his.

     Drew sped up a little so that he was walking the same paste as Lotus. “I hear you have an interesting fighting style,” said Drew, trying to talk with the girl. “You must demonstrate it for me some time. I hear it looks like you’re dancing.”

      “Maybe,” Lotus said. She didn’t want to talk much about her fighting style with him, mainly because she only had on fan. “How are you and Aria connected? I mean you must know each other very well.”

       “That’s because we grew up together,” said the man. “In a million years I never thought she would win Terra over. I mean if you look at her know I’m sure, but when she was younger she was a different person.”

       “Well she’s a smart woman,” said Ryker coming up behind Captain Mason. “Come in. We are waiting for you, Captain Mason.”

    Opening the door that led to the media room everyone was eagerly waiting. Aria stood up to greet her old friend by giving him a hug. Drew took a seat beside Setsuko while he explained the weak points in the castle and where the bombs should be placed. There would be a total of five bombs placed around the castle that Emerald would set up while Shun stayed entertaining people in the room. After the explosion they would bomb the main gate so more men could get through. With all the confusion in the castle Lotus, Ryker, and Drew would go find Kern Silver and kill him. Aria, Jiro, and Leah would fight to keep the Generals and solders away from the three. After discussing some other details about how to set up the bombs. They decided that if Emerald needed assistance that Jiro and Viper would sneak in and help her.