Chapter Twenty-two: A Choice

Before the guard even had the chance to ask her what the color contacts were, Hana Snow came running down the hallway. She was chasing after a man holding something wrapped in his hands. Everyone looked out the windows to see what would happy to this man. He was tackled, keeping a gun near his back. The men came around her, grabbing him by the arms. Hana took the item that was wrapped up from his hands. The female demon unwrapped it revealing a red jewel. Stunning in every way, but what was so special about this jewel? What would cause such a hunt for this man?

    “You sad little human,” said Hana looking at the jewel in the sunlight. The red looked liked the red sky. “Thinking you could take this away. What were you thinking?”

     “Demons are sick,” said the man, spitting on her. “Using a child like that. Demons are disgusting!”

     “Listen,” said General Snow, grabbing him by the color. “You lived in this war long enough to know what people do to survive. As demons we do whatever to win. Humans should know that by now.”

     “You have no heart,” said the man. “Unlike you, humans have hearts. All demons are the same.”

      She froze for a moment. Time after time again humans have often thought of demons were the same, but never has a humans said that to her face. Lotus came running out of the servant’s quarters, stopping at the door. She was part demon as well, she fought along side with Ryker, and she knew that there were demons that would never harm a living soul. She also knew that humans could be just as cruel as demons. In truth, Lotus had seen both sides without hearts.

     “Demons are different,” said Lotus. “Like humans are different.”

     “Then you are a fool, woman,” said the man to her. “These demons are cold blooded and heartless.”

     “Men, escort this human to the execution grounds,” ordered Hana Snow. Walking off to slaughter this human that stole this mysterious jewel. What was he planning on doing with the jewel? How could it have helped him escape from the demons? He was only human though.  One characteristic that is well known with humans is that they never truly think anything through. Lotus in many ways was human at heart.

      In her room, Lotus took out the fans of her mother’s. Steel on the edge of them shined nicely in the light of sun of her room. With these fans she was supposed to kill Kern Silver and put an end to this war. Now there was another item on her mind, the home she grew up in and the friends she grew so fond of. Match weighed on her mind the most. His father is a prisoner of war. Imagine yourself in her position. Yes her brother was important to her more than anything else in this world, but her home was in danger. Lotus could listen to what Yasha would say if he were here. “Sis, why didn’t you save them? You could have forgotten me. You could have save them.” That’s what he would say if she chose the mission over saving her home. He was a boy that cared more about the people around him lives than his own. He was also a friend to Match’s younger sister and everyone loved him. Unlike his older sister who was hostile most of the time, Yasha was friendly and warm to everyone. He was the most like his mother: softhearted and gentle towards people.

     Nina came walking in to see her holding the fans in her hands. Words did not escape any of their mouth, because there was nothing to talk about. The girl didn’t know what they were going to be used for; all she thought that they were something from her old town. She didn’t know that they were meant for killing the king, Kern Silver. Soon a human came in telling Lotus that her serving duties had be changed. Apparently when the human was executed the demons changed around where the humans would be serving. Lotus was no longer serving food to the so-called “criminals”, but moved up closer to the King’s Quarters. At long last she was starting to get some progress in the right direction.