Chapter Three: Wolves Pack

The sun was just starting to break through the forest canopy as Lotus hiked through it. It wasn’t going to be easy for sure with the unevenness of the hills. Everything though for the moment was a peaceful silence. It was hard to come by these kinds of days during the bitterness of war. Even if these days were hard to come by you took them while you still can. Finding a little stream she took an early rest to refill her water bottle. Little rabbits were starting to come out and nibble on some grass near the side of the stream. Insects were bouncing on top of water gliding with such ease. The fish were trying swimming up stream to who knows where, possibly the ocean. Standing up she looked over ahead of her to those mountains. Just across those mountains was demons capital.

     Now the humans never called the capital of the demons by its real name. They often called in the Capital or Hell since that’s where demons lived mostly. They had a much better life than the humans did. Their children could actually play safely knowing that their warriors protected them. Parents didn’t have to worry about weather or not they live. That is why the real name for that city is Ryoku, meaning power. The demons thought it would be appropriate since they were more powerful than humans in every possible way. They healed faster than humans, had special powers no human had, and they were much stronger. There were a lot more rumors spread about that place, especially their king, Kern Silver. He supposedly killed off the entire royal family just so he could have the throne to destroy every human. Everyone knew his name and feared this demon, just as they also feared Than Row. Out of every terrifying demon out there those two were the ones to fear.

     After her little break she heading off in the direction of Ryoku. No matter what Lotus was going to get there and save her brother. However a creeping feeling that someone was fallowing the young girl crept up. Ignoring this odd feeling she kept on going. Nothing was keeping her away from Ryoku now. Coming over a hill she found a field full of grass and wild flowers. Wild daisies were all around the field. Taking one she placed it in her hair as she took a deep breath. The fresh air was nice since the Ruins were nothing but dust and old buildings. Starring at the wild daisies she remembered how her mother would tie them together and make a flower headband. Memories like didn’t help too much with missing Yasha, but it some how helped her get through her battles.

     After a long days travel it was about dusk when Lotus took a rest underneath a tree. She wasn’t any closer to Ryoku then when she started, but closer than in the Ruins. Eating her food she packed it was a nice little resting point. The sun won’t be setting for another two hours or so that meant she could get more travel time. Underneath that tree she looked up to the mountains that were just out of her reach. “I’ll get over those mountains. Just you watch me.” Lotus said as if someone was listening to the girl. But it was like she wanted someone to hear her since it was a goal. Relaxing a little her eyes began to droop as the girls breathing calmed. That’s when she felt like something was blocking her light. Ready for it to be Ryker she opened them. “I’m not going back,” said Lotus. That was until she realized it wasn’t even the closest thing to Ryker. Just by looking at the armor you could tell he was a member of the demon army. Before she could attack he took hold of Lotus’ arm. She tried to escape, but wasn’t budging. That’s when it hit her that he was the same man from yesterday. One of the giants that followed General Kei’s every order. That’s when fear set in is when Kei approached her man. You could see the grin on the demons face at her find. 

    “Some how I knew we would meet again,” said Kei grabbing Lotus’ face. “I knew you from that attack a few days ago. I can’t believe you lived. Half-breeds are so hard to kill no a days.”

     “I’m not some half-breed,” protested Lotus. That was one thing she hated. Until the day she died this girl was determined to say she was human. “Let me go now!”