Chapter 8.4

"Clark!" Lois yelled from the gauntlet of the Lexosuit. "Honey? Come in! Please!"

Bruce looked up, he couldn't let it happen again. He couldn't let another person lose the one person they loved more than anything.

Trigon flew sporadically, dodging Darkseid's lasers. He laid punch after punch into him, following with his own heat vision.

Darkseid punched him up into the air, only for Trigon to return with an equal strike.

"Clark?" Lois commed in. Batman crouched down, his face in the camera as he saw Lois on the screen.

"Bruce?" She asked.

Lex, Shark, and Boomerang were inside their dome with Lois, paradooms on the verge of breaking in.

"Minimum safe distance in 40 seconds," an artificial voice rang out.

"I need to speak to Clark," Lois said. "There's not a lot of time left."

Batman looked up as Darkseid hit the ceiling, Clark's possessed body beating him to a pulp. He rolled aside as rocks clattered down, right up to Cyborg.

"Vic, send the message to Clark's mech suit now, so he can see it."

Vic smiled slightly, "it's good to have you back, Bats. I'm sorry about your boy."

"Do it," Batman ordered.

Light shone from the blue dot on Cyborg's forehead at the screen. Lois watched, ready for her job.

Across the throne room, Darkseid hit the ground. Trigon landed, one foot keeping Darkseid's face in the ground.

Two screens expanded on either side of him, broadcasting Lois Lane. "Clark, honey."

The screens were all around the room, "I know we planned on always being together, but that's not gonna happen now."

"Lois?" Clark asked from his demented form.

Trigon put his hands to his head, "what is this?"

The paradooms had broken through, Lex Luthor impaled on the horns of dead ones. Captain Boomerang and King Shark fought as best they could, the latter repeating his name: "King Shark is a shark!"

"And Captain Boomerang id a boomerang, you fuck knuckle," Digger said, his back to Shark.

"It's been an honor to fight by your side."

"Are you shitting me?" Captain yelled is disbelief.

They looked down as Harley shot her way out of a heap of dead ones, drenched in green blood, "top of the world!"

The countdown kept going, "ten, nine, eight..."

Clark watched paradooms approach Lois on screen, "You'll have to be strong. I know you can do it."

"Lois?"

"Three, two, one."

"I love you Clark," Lois said, fire and destruction cutting off the video feed.

LexCorp building blew up, golden energy tearing through everything within a hundred miles.

"No!" Clark yelled, falling to his knees. He opened his eyes, their red glow gone, back to their normal blue color.

The fire began to burn out, the red color of his skin fading and leaving his Superman suit behind.

Smoke flowing from his mouth. It formed into Trigon, who shrunk into a ball crushed around him by Darkseid's laser vision.

"It is impossible!" Trigon's voice yelled as his cage fell to the ground.

Darkseid stepped forward, "and now to deal with—"