36|Mistake

Enzo

"Mia" I say closing my bedroom door behind me when I walked out. "What is so important you had to cockblock me?"

"What is this I'm hearing about you wanting to break up with her?" She asks and I can see from her face, she is angry.

"I think you should learn to mind your business" I reply moving away from my bedroom door before she starts to raise her voice.

"Not when your stupid ass is about to make a decision you'll regret!" There, her voice went higher.

"Is that why you're here? To stop me from making a stupid decision?" I ask. "You're A-little too late, the damage is done"

"You sent the text." She says in a much calmer tone. I make my way towards my office and Mia closed the door behind her when she followed me.

"Good to know she forgave your dumb ass" she says sitting down.

"I don't think she actually saw the text" I reply rubbing my face with my hands.

"Shit" is all Mia says.

"And I told her I love her" I say and Mia looks at me like I just grew two heads.

"What!" She almost screams. "When?"

"Less than 2minutes ago" I reply, grabbing a whiskey bottle from my office cabinet.

"Wh... what did she say? Did she freak out? Did she act weird? What did she say?"

"She uhm, she said she loved me too" I say, pouring the drink into my glass.

I probably shouldn't be taking a drink right now, I should go back to my baby and try to explain the text but at the same time, I am scared as shit!

"Why?" She asks.

"Why what?"

"Why tell her now? I know you've had these feelings for a while. Why did you have to mess things up and then tell her that?"

"You think that's what I wanted? You think I wanted to mess things up? I wasn't going to break up with her but I thought she didn't want me to meet her family"

"Bull shit. That's not the reason. You know that, I know that, and she is smart, she'll see right through you!  You fell in love with her and decided to run!"

"I wasn't running away from anything." I retort but I know she is right.

"You just had to go and ruin a nice girl didn't you?"

"That wasn't my intention, you know that!".

"Now what? Your gonna hack into her phone and delete it?" She says.

"That would be an invasion on privacy" I say pacing through the room.

"Since when do you ..." she starts laughing and I throw her a death stare.

"Sorry. But I'm genuinely curious, what happens when she sees the text?" She asks. "Because she might be going through her phone right now"

"I know. I don't know what to do" I say honestly, my eyes welling at the thought of her leaving me.

"I can't have her leave me. Not when dads about to go into surgery." I breakdown.

"It's going to be okay." Mia says hugging me. "You need to go back in there. If she hasn't seen the text, bring it up and talk about it."

"She's going to leave me" I whisper, blinking to dry the tears before the come down.

"Go, now. Fix it" she pushes me through the door into the hall. I silently walk to my bedroom door and open it.