41|Mom

Louise

"One more minute" I hear myself mumble on his chest when he tries to pull away from the hug. I can't seem to let go, I am scared of letting go. Mostly because I don't know if he feels the same way about me like he did before things fell apart.

"Anything for you baby" he whispers back and my whole body melts into him. Feeling every inch of his hard chest while his muscular arms envelope me feels like the best thing in the world. Probably because it is.

After about another minute, I pull away, remembering we have the attention of 90% of the people in here. Okay maybe 95%. 99% if you count the staff members stopping whatever they're doing to look at us.

"Hey," I say, finally looking into his eyes. He looks beautiful as always.

"Hie baby" he responds. Baby. That gives me hope, really.

"Uhm hello!" Sharon takes us out of our little bubble.

"Oh. You two know each other" I say, turning around to face Sharon who is smiling like the idiot she is.

"Unless you count seeing each other on Face Time official!" Sharon says with a fake angry face, making Enzo laugh.

God, I missed that sound. But since when has that sound make all hair on my body stand up? It's definitely the hormones. They are all over these days.

I turned to see his smiling face and I can't help but smile back.

"Cenzo, you know Sharon" I say. Enzo reaches his hand out to shake Sharon's hand.

First thing I noticed when his hand reached out were the new tats he had on his right arm. Not so much on the left but his right hand is now almost fully sleeved. I also noticed that he is wearing a one of the T-shirts I got him when we were together and I don't miss just how tight it has become because of muscle gain.

Goodness, he has been busy.

I thought he was ripped before? I cannot imagine what he has under that T-shirt now. My body tenses when I see how his arm flexes when he shakes Sharon's hand. I visibly gulp and clear my throat to try and concentrate on the task at hand.

Damn you hormones.

"Good to finally officially meet you" Sharon says with a smile.

"My pleasure" he replies, returning a smile.

"Is it okay if I steal her for a bit?" He asks Sharon who is smiling sheepishly.

Bitch not now.

"Please, steal away." She responds making the two ladies on the other table giggle. But this time around, they are smiling knowingly. Probably because they heard everything Shaz and I talked about or...

"Hie momma" Enzo said holding my hand and leading me towards their table.

"Mio figlio" the older lady says with joy written all over her face.

"Your mom?" I whisper and he nods.

"Hello, sweetheart." His mother pulls me into her warm embrace. "Nice to finally meet you"

"This is embarrassing" I whisper but my voice came out louder than I intended.

"Don't worry honey, I already like you" Enzo's mom says with a wink making Enzo furrow his eyebrows.