38|Vineyard

Louise

"I can't believe you brought me to winery when you know I'm pregnant" I whine. I've been whining for 15 minutes now and I'm nowhere near done.

"I need a designated driver, I'm so glad you decided to have a baby!" she squeals.

"Girl shut up. You know damn well I didn't plan this" I warn taking out a bar of chocolate from the white birkin bag Enzo got me when we were together. I would never eat chocolate on a normal day, but I woke up Tuesday last week and had an irresistible urge to eat chocolates. Well, it's the pregnancy cravings, but you get it. So I went and bought a bag full of it, and now, I have it all the time.

"Just so you know, I'm taking you everywhere with me. I'm talking parties..." before she finishes, I throw the chocolate bar in her face and she freezes.

"Are you kidding me!?" She picks it up and tries to throw it back to me.

"What are you going to do? Hit a pregnant woman?" I tease, a smirk dancing on my lips.

"Fuck off" she grumbles and I giggle in achievement. "How far along are we?" Sharon asks.

"16weeks" i reply snatching my chocolate bar from her.

"So... Four months?" She asks with a glass of wine already at her lips. "Didn't you party with Kath and Jenny when I was in China?"

"I did, but in my defence, I didn't know I was pregnant because I didn't miss my period for two months" I say finally taking a large bite of my bar.

"Shit. Maybe I should take a pregnancy test" she says making me laugh.

"Relax, I had other signs. But the Crazy morning sickness helped clear things out"

"Enzo still doesn't know?" She asked her voice louder grabbing the attention to the two women who sat a few feet away from us.

"I don't want to talk about him." I almost whisper.

"It's been one month Louise, you think he hasn't learnt his lesson?"

"6weeks, it's been 6weeks and are you forgetting he broke up with me for no reason?" I ask.

"You and I both know what happened. He was scared of what could go wrong."

"Well I don't care." I mumble watching Sharon share a look with the two women who are now listening to our conversation.

"What is going on? Surely you can't still be mad at him. What's really going on?" She asks.

Sometimes I hate that she knows me so well. That was also the reason I was hoping she'd stay in China longer so she wouldn't be here until I was ready to talk to Enzo myself. But no, she just had to catch the first flight home when chatty Kath told her I was pregnant and hiding in from her.

"I am pregnant Shaz. Shouldn't that be enough?" I ask.

"No. But I know you. I know He hurt you, but he told you he loved you and you said it back. This shouldn't be difficult." She says making me lick my lips and look away from her.

"You always tell your friends to see the sincerity in people but when it comes to you, you don't even want to give good things a second chance" she continues. "You're going to tell me what is going on in that head of yours and we'll figure it out right now"