Aghast (A Ghast)

((ECLIPSE DAY.))

Blue and Horror shared a glance.
“...Did they forget us?” The zombie asked.
“I'm sure they didn't. If anything, one or the other will come back for us when ready. In the meantime, shall we walk?” He gestured ahead of them.
Horror stared up ahead for a moment, then shrugged, giving the shovel a swing before starting forward with it as a support.

“I will admit, Dream certainly was excited.” Blue started, keeping pace.
“He's like you. Likes new friends a lot.”
The skeleton barked out a laugh. “You're right, we do have that in common!” He agreed cheerily.
Looking up, both undead paused at the sight of Dream already flying back, talons empty and eyes bright.

“..Is he gonna snatch us?” Horror asked, a little tense.
“You know.. I'm not sure.” Blue carefully straightened so as not to have any part of him stick out too much. Horror took note of that, putting the shovel away and grabbing his helmet.
By now they could make out Killer's ecstatic whooping and a sort of delighted rumbling from the dragon.

Blue grabbed his own helmet at the last second before a large talon slammed into his chestplate, sliding under his arms to yank him upwards all in the span of a single second. Dream was already banking hard to turn around.
Ow.” Horror grumbled, already gripping the birdlike leg above him.

“Oh did I come in too fast?” Dream asked through the whistling wind.
“It did hurt a little.” Blue admitted, ribs feeling sore.
“I'm sorry! I forget how much I need to slow down sometimes!” He apologized airily, gliding down to a continuous shelf of soul sand and soil ahead of them. His back legs were hanging lower now, and as they soared a foot over the dark sand and patches of basalt, one of those talons passed through a splotch of blue flame.

Dream gave one final flap, slowing to a stop as his claws hit a small swath of basalt and set the pair on their feet. Nearby was everyone else, Cross already hugging Epic around the neck- a neck so wide neither hand could actually touch the mane at the back. Dust was standing over by what was definitely the ghast, still laying on its backside with an oddly cool hue to its otherwise white skin, Grilby poking with no reaction.

“Let's do that again.” Killer insisted, Dream turning his head to regard him.
“But the ghast?”
“But literally fucking flying?” The creeper shot back.
“There's a time and a place for leisurely flying.” Dream nervously pointed out.

Killer wasn't able to argue further when almost echoey moan rang out in front of them, distinctly world-weary and sad. And also much too low for a typical ghast. Not deep by any means, but.. not like a ghast should be either.
The strange one was sitting up, tentacles pushing their already buoyant mass upright to regard their group dispassionately.

“...You don't look real.” They plainly declared with an air of exhaustion before those glowing white pupils were hidden behind slightly gray eyelids with a tremendous sigh. The long sheet around the tentacles fluttered with it, strange cyan embers escaping their mouth before they laid back down.

“... We're pretty damn real, buddy.” Dust poked them once, the pale surface freakishly squishy.
“Are you okay?” Dream asked. “Are you lonely? We can take you back where we came from and show you some cool things.” He took a step closer, onto the sand, only for it to abruptly start shifting under his talon.

The dragon immediately flinched back, startled as he stared at it, yet the sand continued to move.
“Um.” He started, backing away. Epic had already tossed Cross to his backside in order to hurry towards solid rock, both of them concerned about the shifting sand.

Blue speeded over to the ghast, Fresh already crouching down with his hands buried in some kind of communication, his black cloud seeping into it as well. Horror joined Blue, nervous as more sand began to move, rising up in small clumps and blackening as it came alive.