Attacked?

((Merry Christmas, have two chappies today.))

It was an invasion.
They were boating back to the village, and it was practically overrun with enemies. Blue was horrified, snatching his bow and shooting at zombies in panic. Killer soon flung himself onto dry land, hesitating at the scene.

There were no words to be said, Blue could only keep firing, leaping out of the boat in a smooth roll to snipe several others. The golem was already overwhelmed, swinging wildly. A skeleton was flung halfway across the village, where it crumbled into the dirt.

Blue charged into the fray, finally shouting. “Make sure everyone's inside! I'll find the breach!” He didn't even glance at Killer, too focused on getting rid of the threat. He had never seen so many mobs in one place before. It was almost like they had waited for an opportunity. He couldn't actually believe that. They very clearly couldn't think. He had searched for any sign of intelligence, of consciousness. There was nothing.

He switched his bow for a diamond sword, finding gratitude in his preparations as he swept three zombies, and a skeleton atop a spider away, clearing the space to snipe them in rapid succession. His shield came up in the next moment, recognizing a sharp hiss.

“BAZINGA.” Killer threw himself in the middle of a throng, exploding. Blue blinked as it took out a good portion of the crowd. That was actually a pretty smart move.
He was quick to take advantage of the clearing, cutting down the already injured mobs and briefly putting his back to the golem. It was a thin thread of trust, but still effective to cover each other's blind sides.

He still moved faster though, soon turning to snipe those just out of the golem's reach before spinning to take care of the stragglers on his side. It was clearing out nicely, giving him some breathing room to find out how they got in. He quickly regarded Killer's regenerating form before casting his sockets over the bodies and spying part of the fence between two buildings.

Blue almost froze when he noticed it. A patch of earth was piled up on the other side, creating a perfect ramp for the intruders to get in. Even now, a zombie was clambering up. He shouted wordlessly, charging over and shooting it as he ran. It collapsed over the side, rolling over and twitching once. He barely gave it a second glance, lunging over and desperately punching it away. The whole while, he was questioning what did this.

When it was low enough that nothing could walk over it anymore, Blue glanced back at the golem. It was punching the last of the invaders to a pulp, Killer now watching from a safe distance. Blue was still breathless, still questioning.

A distant frantic squawking reached him, and Blue glanced over at the still small chicken pen in mild confusion. Somehow the gate was open, three birds wandering out.
“Damnit.” He hissed with a harsh clatter, pushing off the fence and jogging over.

He slowed when he noticed something large in the pen, twitching in the shadows under the window of the building attached to it. Blue frowned when he recognized dark green, hearing a muted crunch. He was reasonably sure it was a zombie, though he'd never known them to go after chickens. He'd actually seen the smaller zombies riding the birds.
The moldy green looked up suddenly, and Blue froze.
Red.

A bright, piercing crimson eye regarded him, made entirely of light. An entire half of the zombie's face was gone, leaving ivory bone behind. Not even all of that, as there was a gaping hole there as well, above the burning red eye. An iris hanging in a socket that was just a little too wide, a little too jarringly familiar.

It's lips closed around the broken upper half of a dead chicken limply, crunching absently. Blue could only stare, more chickens escaping through the open gate.
Killer finally approached, recoiling as soon as he spotted the object of Blue's attention.
“Oh shit, that's horrifying.”