Forgotten Relics

(To apologize for the long gap in updates, have a massive, 12,066 word chapter! Enjoy!)

Cross and Epic had come to the Overworld mainly to learn things that could generally improve the quality of piglin life in the Nether, yet some of the first few things they learned really had nothing to do with that goal.

Sure, Cross first figured out how to build a portal himself, finding a spot across the river in the cliff to generally mimic what Blue had done himself- even though it turned out the woods there were full of wolves do no one skeletal could actually use the portal- but at least it didn't open into the warped forest directly. Now they could pass freely without having to deal with that sickening smell so much.

They used the portal that led straight to the delta to mine blackstone, storing it in the many chests lining the walls and floor for the building Cross was planning. Dust and Geno helped considerably in the endeavors, taking the chance to chat with the two. Killer sometimes joined them, but not much talking on his part happened when he was regularly throwing himself at the walls to explode.

Whenever Horror joined, they ended up discussing recipes with a surprising amount of excitement on the zombie's part. The other half of the time they were in his kitchen trying different recipes and having fun with culinary experimentation.

And then the bridge across the river between cliffs was finished, and a path into the woods was made. Shockingly, Fresh, Geno, and Blue had managed to build some vague outpost of sorts for Dream to stay up on the low mountain.

It couldn't exactly be called a building when only two spots had a ceiling, the bed and a storage area, but the floor was patterned quartz and the large pools were lined with hot stone in the bottom, almost boiling the water.

The pigs loved the hot water

The pigs loved the hot water. So did Dream, who unexpectedly had water resistant feathers and enjoyed the deep end of the pool.
Every other week everyone started gathering to just enjoy the water. Only Dust and Grilby stood around outside of it during those times.
Which was fair when they weren't the most compatible with water, even if Dust was weird enough to be resistant to the usual burning reaction endermen typically had.