Those Aren't Trees

There was only time to yelp in sheer terror before Blue was rather suddenly yanked back up by his hands, stumbling back against the creeper and zombie behind him.
“Holy fuck, what the hell were you thinking?!” Killer hissed, a certain unbridled terror written plain on his own face.

Blue winced, understanding his fear. “I didn't expect such a drop, really.”
Killer just continued staring, a hollow hissing following each breath. He was huffing a few dark gray clouds like smoke, though not quite.
“Just. Don't do that. Don't die on me, man.”

The skeleton nodded, feeling guilty for scaring the other yet again so soon after the previous scare. He was just so excited about this new world.
Though.. looking at it now, the Netherworld seemed awfully.. dark. And hot. He wasn't bothered by the heat much, but he couldn't mistake the heavy atmosphere weighing on them.

And there were the trees.
Or.. what looked like trees.
They had oddly veiny, glowing trunks leading up to ragged, tattered tops of some kind of almost fleshy material. It was a bluish teal, spotted in round globules of orange.. something. It was glowing.

“This is weird.” Horror grunted, uneasy. He was glancing over at a dark shape standing by a trunk, top half hidden by the tree-thing.
Killer hissed sharply, getting in his way.
“Don't look in their eyes, man.” He warned.
“Enderman?” Horror asked, looking around him.
“Oh.” The creeper slowly backed away, still staring at the unsettling shape there.

Blue turned from the enderman, peering around at everything else. The ground sloped about unevenly, shooting up in short cliffs or dropping off into vast chasms. Looking over the ledge they stood on now, he could see the ground nearby slope closer, then away. The lava seemed to fill the entire world at the bottom, going on and on. Was this whole world just sitting in a great lake of molten rock?

There was another enderman nearby, staring. It held a chunk of the red stone everything seemed made of, slightly porous and soft.
Netherrack, his mind supplied. It was all too red, like flesh. It was unnerving.

“Are these mushrooms?” Killer questioned in bewilderment. Blue turned, seeing he was walking over to the nearest not-tree. Looking at it, it did seem rather fungal. “Huh.”
“Is it edible?” Horror pondered.

“I'm not sure you should eat interdimensional mushrooms.” Blue remarked, finally stepping away from the ledge.
“Interdimensional, huh?” Killer glanced at him.
All three mobs shared a look with one another.
That was the word, wasn't it?
“Yes, interdimensional.” He decided.

The creeper huffed, turning to scuff at the ground. There was no dirt to soften it, only the thick layer of fungus and spores. A few flew up from the force, drifting in the mostly dead air.
“This place is creepy as hell.” He muttered.
“Yeah..” Horror agreed, frowning at their surroundings.

Blue simply went up to a wall and carved a hole in it, picking up the chunks of netherrack.
“It might just be the region.” He pointed out. Horror joined him, fiddling with his hands nervously.
“Hey, I think that's the delta place I read about.” Killer called, making them both turn.

There, through the giant mushrooms, rose jagged pillars of striated gray, lit by orange from underneath. The region seemed smokey, ash drifting further into the vibrant teals of the forest.

“...We should build a quick shelter before we explore very far. And maybe find something to use so as not to get lost.” Blue suggested, still feeling turned around by the confusing geography of the land just standing here.
“It feels easy to get lost, yeah..” Horror agreed, looking up at what was definitely a ceiling. This place didn't seem to have a sky so far.
Or maybe they just ended up underground.