Chapter 10 - Help (Part 3/4)

Joe’s Pov

When I arrived at hospital I was taken straight to x-ray, I had my leg x-rayed and then I was taken into a cubicle to wait for the results. “How is my girlfriend?” I asked before the doctor left

“What’s her name?” he asked

“Demetria Lovato” I replied

“Okay, I’ll go and see” he said walking out of the cubicle and closing the curtain

When he walked out it left me in the cubicle alone, I kept thinking of Demi, of our baby, I hope they are both okay.

Just this morning I was feeling the baby move, it was amazing; it felt like my first time again. Demi had felt it move lots before and even though I have felt it before this morning was truly amazing.

Then all of this happened, we only wanted to go for a drive, see where it took us; I don’t think either of us thought it would take us to the emergency department.

I can’t stop thinking about when the lady on the other end of the phone asked me to feel for the baby’s movements; I couldn’t feel any, I got really scared. Putting two and two together, bleeding and no movement, that can’t be good.

The doctor then walked back in and said “Mr Jonas, I have your results”

“What about Demi?” I asked

“Let’s just sort you out first” he said

That can’t have been good, this is making me worry even more now, but I know that if I just get myself sorted I can then go and see Demi “Okay” I replied

“I’ve taken a look at your x-rays” he said “It’s seems as if you have a broken leg, you will need an operation to fix it”

“Okay, can I see Demi first?” I asked

“Not now, but you can before you go to theatre” he replied

“When will that be?” I asked

“This evening” he informed me “We need to reposition the bone in your leg and fix pins to it. Then after a couple of weeks, even though the bone won’t be healed properly you will still be able to walk on it because you will have the pins in your leg.”

“Okay” I replied

“Can you sign this consent form for me” he asked “Then I can get someone to take you to see your girlfriend”

“Okay” I replied taking the clipboard from him and the pen that he was holding out towards me; I signed the piece of paper and then handed it back to him

“That’s great, Thanks Mr Jonas. I will go and arrange someone to take you to see your girlfriend, but it won’t be for long because you will need to come back to your bed to be prepped for the operation soon”

“Okay, I just want to make sure she’s okay” I replied

He looked at me and then said “I’ll just go and get someone”

I sat on my bed and waited about 5 minutes before someone came in and said “Mr Jonas?”

“Yeah, that’s me” I replied

“I’m going to take you to see you girlfriend” she said wheeling the wheelchair into my cubicle

I slid my bottom off the bed and managed with a little help from the nurse to get myself into the wheelchair, I still had the orange splint on my leg that the paramedic gave me and it was kinda heavy so it was painful and also because of the splint harder to move my leg. Once I was sitting in the wheelchair she wheeled me round to go and see Demi.