Chapter 12 - Feeling Better

-The Next Day-

Demi's Pov

It was amazing seeing my little baby girl yesterday, she has gotten really big, but then again so has my stomach; it seems to have grown so much in the time I was asleep.

I woke up and Joe still had his arms around me, he was nice and warm and he made me feel safe. I woke up to a sharp jab in my side, I placed my hand on my stomach and whispered softly “Shhh baby, it’s okay”

I started rubbing my stomach where she had kicked me, she then started turning around slowly, and then did a big stretch, which was very uncomfortable for me. I felt Joe move beside me “Are you okay?” he asked

"Mmmhhmm" I replied, I was still very sleepily as it was only about 6 in the morning, so I grabbed his hand, placed it to where she was still doing her stretch and to where there was a hard pressure from her body.

She then suddenly relaxed, which made me feel a bit more comfortable; Joe pulled me in closer, kissed my forehead and then we both feel back to sleep.

 ~

~~

~~~

~~~~

~~~

~~

~

We woke again about 3 hours later; a nurse walked in and asked what we would like for breakfast. Joe and I both got toast with some jam to put on it. She gave us both a plate and then walked out of the room with her trolley. We both ate our toast and then a different nurse came in and took our plates. When she had walked out of the room Joe pulled me close.

Later That Day

Joe and I were sitting talking about what we are going to do when I get discharged, and we can both leave the hospital. With the car accident and recovery time, my pregnancy has flown by, I am 6 months pregnant; it seems like just yesterday that I was turning that pregnancy test over and finding out.

We have so much to do before she comes; we still haven’t got her any clothes or any stuff for her room. I hope I get discharged soon so that we can get started; I want to be able to help Joe, especially with his bad leg but I won’t be able to do that for much longer.

My doctor walked into the room “Hello Demi, how are you feeling today?” he asked

“I’m feeling good” I replied

“That’s good” he said, and I nodded “We are thinking about moving you into a maternity room today” he continued “We think that over the past couple of days, you seem to be feeling a lot better and yours, and the baby’s obs are stable”

“How long until I can be discharged?” I asked

“Hopefully, if everything stays okay, you could be discharged in a couple of days”

“That’s great” I replied, smiling

“Okay” he said “I will get a nurse to help you two get your things together and then show you to the maternity room”

“Thanks” I replied

“But what’s the difference between this room and the maternity room?” Joe asked looking a little puzzled “I mean, why can’t we just stay in this room until Demi gets discharged?”