Chapter 7 - What's That?

Demi’s Pov

-4 Weeks Later-

The past 4 weeks have flown by; after that doctors appointment we booked another for when I will be 24 weeks, so December 4th. We came home that day and I pinned the scan photo up next to the 12 week  one, it’s amazing.

Part of me still can’t believe that I have this little baby inside of me, she is amazing and truly is my little miracle.

Since my last appointment I seem to have gotten huge, I have now got a true bump, I suppose having a bump is amazing, but it means that some of my clothes are getting tighter which doesn’t make me feel good at all.

I lay there in bed on my side, my hand on my stomach, Joe had gone out early, he had decided that he needed to go and see if he could get a job; he needed to show he parents, especially his dad that he was taking this seriously.

I was rubbing my stomach up and down “You’re going to be so beautiful” I said looking at my stomach “You’re my special little baby girl”

I laid there for a little longer in silence, just gently rubbing my stomach; then I felt something; it was very small and graceful, but I think I defiantly felt something. “Baby girl?” I said almost questioning; then I felt it again, that faint graceful movement coming from inside my stomach. It was amazing, so gentle, so faint but I could feel it and it was good to know that my little baby girl was doing good.

After that I didn’t feel her again, her movements felt weird, but at the same time a good weird because they gave me the peace of mind that she was okay. I decided to get up, I had been lying in bed for too long; I got up and got dressed before heading downstairs to get myself something to eat. I made myself a hot chocolate and some toast, I placed the toast on a plate and then decided as it was just me, I would sit in the living room and watch TV while I ate.

I had a bit of a lazy day really, when Joe came home he came in and sat next to me on the couch; he placed his arm around me and pulled me close. “You never guess what” I said looking up at him with a smile across my face.

“What?” he asked

“I felt her” I said looking straight into his eyes

“Dems, that amazing” he said also looking into my eyes

“I know” I replied, leaning in slightly

 Joe started to lean in as well and our lips touched, first only for a second before he pulled away slowly; but then he leaned in again and kissed me, this time deeply. I felt that small faint movement from inside my stomach again, I pulled away quickly to place one hand on my stomach; I looked up at Joe smiling “Is she moving?” he asked

“Only very slightly” I replied

He took one of his hands and placed it on top of mine; I pulled my hand out from underneath so that his hand was directly on my stomach “You feel it?” I asked

He looked up at me with disappointment “No” he sighed

My smile faded and I looked up at him “Well Dr Reed said that might happen”

“Yeah” he replied still disappointed

“Hopefully you’ll feel her soon” I replied

“I hope so” he said trying to looking happy

“She is still very small” I said looking up at him and leaning in slightly

“I know” he said leaning in as well

Our lips touched again and we kissed deeply, it was amazing, it sent shivers down my spine, I smiled in the kiss, which made him smile too; we parted slowly and then just sat there. Joe put his arm around me again and I laid my head on his chest.

“How was the job search?” I asked

“It was good” he replied “One place said that they would love to have me, I need to go back tomorrow for a kind of interview”

“Oh okay, that’s great”

“Yeah they basically have given me the job”

“That’s amazing” I replied lifting my head and giving him a peck on the lips

“Are you tired babe?” he asked

“A little” I replied

“Let’s go to bed then” Joe suggested

“You don’t have to go as well” I said

“No, it’s okay” he replied

We both walked up to our bedroom, got ready for bed and then got into bed, Joe put his arm around me and then said “What’s it like?”

“What’s it like what?” I asked slightly confused

“What’s it like to feel her move?” he asked

“Amazing” I replied “But at the same time very strange, it’s almost like butterfly’s in your stomach”

“Oh” he replied pulling me even closer “That’s amazing”

“I know, but I can’t wait for you to be able to feel her as well”

“Me too Dems, me too”

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!! I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS :) THEY MEAN SOO MUCH :)