Chapter 10 - Help (Part 4/4)

Joe’s Pov

The next thing I know I am waking up back in my room with a thick blue cast on my leg and as I look around the room I notice a pair of crutches leaning against a wall. A doctor walks in “How are you feeling Mr Jonas?” he asked

“A bit tired, but I’m okay” I replied

“I just came in to make sure you were okay and to tell you that the surgery went absolutely great”

“Thanks doctor” I replied “How’s Demi?”

“As far as I know nothing has changed” he replied “She is still asleep and her and the baby’s heartbeats are stable”

“Thank-you” I said thanking him again, I was glad to hear that nothing bad had happened to Demi while I was in the operation “When can I go and see her?” I asked

“A physiotherapist will be down shortly to help you to use the crutches, maybe you can take a slow walk with her down to Demi’s room” he suggested

“Okay, will do”

An hour later a lady knocked on the door to my room and came in “Hello Mr Jonas” she said “My name is Sarah and I’m a physiotherapist. Shall we try and get you up and using the crutches?”

“Yeah, okay” I said “Would you mind if we took a walk down to my girlfriend’s room, I would really love to go and see her”

“Yeah sure” Sarah replied

She walked over and grabbed the crutches that were leaning against the wall opposite my bed and gave them to me

“Thanks” I said taking them from her

I slowly got off the bed and started putting my weight through the crutches, it hurt, but then again I had only just had an operation on my leg. I started hopping slowly towards the door to my room and then I turned the corner and made my way towards Demi’s room.

The whole time Sarah was walking beside me “You’re doing great” she said as we left my room

“Thanks” I replied

“Just keeping going, take your time” she said

We made a slow walk or it my case hop to Demi’s room; we went inside and I stood on my good leg beside Demi’s bed. Sarah was standing beside me and said “Would you like me to leave you alone for a little while?”

“Yes please” I replied

“Okay” she said moving and grabbing a chair from the other side of the room and placing it behind me “Here you go”

“Thanks” I replied

“I’m just going to go and see my next patient and then I will come back to see you and help you back to your room”

“Thanks” I said again

Sarah then took my crutches from me and leant them against the wall; she then helped me to sit in the chair that she had placed behind me; before leaving me with Demi.

I sat in the chair and reached forward to grab Demi’s hand, she will still asleep and she was in the same position that I had left her in, with both hands resting on her stomach. I took her nearest hand to me and held it tight, tears came to my eyes “Please be okay Demi, I couldn’t imagine life without you, or without the baby, our little miracle” I said

A tear rolled down my cheek, I used my other hand to wipe it away, I looked at Demi, I saw her chest rising and falling; she looked so peaceful. I placed one hand on her stomach, the other hand still holding onto hers, I felt a small light movement, my heart started racing, it was amazing.

There was a knock at the door “Hi Mr Jonas, its Sarah the physiotherapist”

“Come in” I said taking my hand off of Demi’s stomach, even though I didn’t really want to, I like feeling the baby move, it gave me peace of mind. I still had hold of Demi’s hand as Sarah walked into the room.

“Shall we go back now?” she asked

I really didn’t want to, but I knew that I kind of had to “Yeah, okay” I replied reluctantly, letting go of Demi’s hand and placing it by her side.

Sarah walked over to the opposite side of the room and grabbed my crutches for me, I felt another tear roll down my cheek; I pulled my free hand up quickly and wiped it away before Sarah turned around and saw me. “Here you go” she said holding the crutches in one hand and helping me to stand with the other.

“Thanks”

We walked out of Demi’s room, but before we left I turned around and looked into the room “Goodnight Dems” I whispered

Sarah took me back to my room and I sat on my bed, she helped me to get my leg up onto the bed and then she placed a pillow under it to lift it up slightly.

“Okay Mr Jonas, I will come back and see how you are doing in a couple of days, and hopefully in a couple of weeks we can start getting you to put some weight on your ankle”

“Okay, thanks” I replied resting my head on my pillow

Sarah said goodbye and then walked out of the room leaving me alone; I laid there thinking of Demi. I just wish that I could be with her.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!! I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS :)

SO WHAT DID YOU THINK?

WILL DEMI BE OKAY?

WILL THE BABY SURVIVE?

DRAMATIC ENOUGH?