Chapter 24 - Surprise

Demi's Pov

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to find the over half of the bed empty. I wonder where Joe is? We are meant to be at my Mom's house for 10am. I rolled over and glanced at the clock, it was 9am. Omg! That mean I only have an hour to get ready, have breakfast and get to Mom's house. Not good!

I slid my legs round and off the bed, the only way I can actually get out of bed at the moment. Them using the bed post I pulled myself up and sat on the edge of the bed. Sophia gave me a sharp jab. I winced and quickly placed my hand to my swollen stomach. "Owwch!"

I took a few deep breaths and managed to catch my breath again, I then managed to stand up.

~

I waddled into the bathroom that was attached to our bedroom and got undressed and then walked into the shower, aren't I glad it's a walk in shower and not a shower with a bath.

Once I was done I got out of the shower and dried myself with a towel before getting dressed in a pair of black maternity track pants and a casual top.

I walked out of the bathroom, still no sight of Joe. I wonder where he is.

Joe's Pov

This morning I woke up early, Demi was still sleeping as and she doesn't always get a good nights sleep, I decided to leave her sleeping.

I slowly and carefully got out of bed, and walked towards the closet, then into the bathroom to freshen up and get dressed. I tried to be a quiet as possible because I didn't want to wake Demi.

I then made my way back through the bedroom and towards the living room and kitchen. It would be nice if I made Demi and I breakfast. I decided on omelettes.

I got the ingredients out and made mine first, that way it would give Demi a little more time in bed. I made my cheese and ham omelette and then sat down at the table and started eating.

Once I had finished I got up from the table and took my plate back out to the kitchen. I glanced down at my watch and realised that it was nearly 9am, I guess I should wake Demi soon. I washed my plate up and then got out 2 more eggs, a bit of cheese and some onion. I knew Demi wasn't a big fan of ham.

I whisked the eggs together along with the cheese and onion, I then poured the mixture into the frying pan. That was when I heard movement from upstairs, I guess Demi must be up.

Demi's Pov

After getting dressed and having my shower I grabbed my bag from the closet and my keys from the side table. I then walked downstairs and into the kitchen where I found Joe cooking.

As I walked in he looked up and I smiled, he smiled back "I made you breakfast" he said

I walked over to the stove and took a look at the omelette that he was cooking. "Looks good" I replied

"I put cheese and onion in it, is that okay?" he asked

"Yeah, perfect" I replied

Joe took the frying pan off the hob and lifted it above an empty plate, he then emptied the contents of the pan onto the plate, he then handed me the plate.

I took it from him and then walked around our breakfast bar area to go and sit at the table.

~

Once I was finished eating Joe and I both washed up my plate and then left it on the side to dry. I grabbed my bag and Joe grabbed his keys and we headed out the door. I took out my phone to look at the time. It was 9:50am. I can't believe I managed to get up, get ready and eat breakfast in a little under 50 minutes. Its perfect timing because Mom only lives around the corner so it will only take us 5 minutes to get there.