Chapter 8 - Jobs

Joe’s Pov

-The Next Day-

I can’t believe I have virtually been given a job, I walked into that shop yesterday, it had a sign outside advertising vacancies so I went inside to ask about it; they asked me to come in today and talk to the manager.

I was asked to be in at 9am and so I have to get up at 8am, I woke up and Demi was still asleep; I didn’t want to wake her so I just left a note on my pillow for her to read when she woke up; I knew that last night she didn’t get much sleep so now that she is asleep I want her to stay that way for as long as she needs to.

I got up and slowly got out of bed, trying my hardest not to wake Demi, she groaned a little as I got out of the bed, but then luckily she went back to sleep. I quietly opened my closet and found some clothes to wear, got dressed and then left Demi, still asleep in bed.

I walked downstairs and quickly grabbed an apple from the kitchen before walking out of the house; I decided to walk, it wasn’t that far and it was quite warm out. I started heading towards the top of our road, it’s amazing, and I live in my own house, with a women that I love to pieces.

Demi is going to be the best mom in the world; even though this pregnancy wasn’t exactly planned we decided to keep it because, well, we loved her from the start.

I wish I could have felt the babe move last night, Demi said it was amazing knowing that she was alright; I want to know what it feels like.

I felt sorry for Demi last night, she was so sick, she hasn’t has sickness for ages, but the baby was moving every now and again and when it did it made Demi feel even more sick and needing to throw up; hence to say she didn’t get much sleep.

Demi’s Pov

I woke up still feeling really rough, last night wasn’t good, I was so sick; I hadn’t been sick in ages and I though the worst of the pregnancy sickness was over; I guess not.

Joe had left a note on his pillow, it said:

‘Had to be there for 9, didn’t want to wake you x

Love you, see you when I get home xx’

I looked at the note and just smiled, Joe is amazing; he is doing this to show his dad that he is serious; he has made a commitment to me, and the baby.

I got up and put my dressing down on, I really didn’t feel well, but I knew I needed to eat something; I went into the kitchen and took my tablet before looking in the fridge to see what I fancied. I finally decided on some strawberries and some grapes, I got them out, cut them up and then went and sat in the living room in front of the TV.

Joe’s Pov

I arrived at the shop and walked inside, only to be greeted by a very friendly looking young lady, she welcomed me in and sat me down at a table. “So, what’s your name?” she asked

“Joe” I replied

“And how old are you?”

“I’m 18”

“Okay” she said, looking at me, was she not going to offer me the job, just based on my age? “Okay Joe, I’ll give you a job, but we will start with a week’s trail period, okay? You will work Monday-Thursday and from 9am till 4pm, is that okay?”

“Yeah, that’s great, thank-you”

“You will start tomorrow” she said as I started to get up

“Thanks” I replied before getting up and walking out of the shop

Demi’s Pov