Chapter 16 - New Car

Demi’s Pov

Today we are going to buy a new car. The insurance company are paying for it because the accident wasn’t our fault. We also are going to get compensation from the other driver.

This car will replace Joe’s car, because, although I have my car, Joe isn’t insured to drive it  and it would cost so much more each month to insure him on it. It’s cheaper to get 2 insurances for 2 different cars. It works out cheaper each month.

~

~~

~~~

~~

~

We got a taxi to the shop and we went inside. Joe brought the letter from the insurance company giving the details about payment.

We looked around for a while until we found a nice 4-seater. We showed the letter to the salesman and after a few phone calls, the car was ours.

We got in and Joe drove us home. We when in and made ourselves lunch and then after than I felt extremely tired; I fell asleep in Joe’s arms.

~

~~

~~~

~~~~

~~~

~~

~

Later that day I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing; Joe had gone out for a drive but he had left a note for me on the coffee table, so, it was just me and the baby.

I picked up the ringing phone and answered it:

“Hello” I said whilist placing the phone to my ear

“Oh Demi” Mom replied “It’s so nice to hear that you’re alright”

“Yeah, I’m sorry Mom. Joe and I have been very busy the past couple of days sorting thing out”

“It’s okay Dems. I’m just glad to know that you are okay”

“Yes Mom. I’m fine, Joe’s good and the baby is doing well”

“That’s good to hear” she replied “Have you got everything sorted yet?”

“Yeah, I think so. Joe has his cast off and is walking a lot better. And we went and got a new car for him today”

“Oh, that’s great” she replied “Demi, I was just wondering whether you and Joe would like to come over on Saturday. I have invited Joe’s family as well, but I still need to confirm a time and day. So if Saturday is okay with you, shall we say in time for lunch, so, around 1pm”

“Sounds great!” I replied “Saturday should be fine and 1pm is good”

“Okay, well I’ll see you then”

Okay, see you then Mom”

“Bye”

“Bye, I love you”

“Love you too, bye”

“Bye”

~

~~

~

I put the phone down and then decided to watch TV. When Joe came home from having a drive in his new car I told him about Saturday and he agreed that it was a good idea. We sat down and enjoyed watching TV together; Joe wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.

Dianna’s Pov

I can’t believe how much Demi has grown up. She found out that she was pregnant at just 17; and even now that she is 18, she seems a lot older because she is really mature. She is turning into a proper Mom.

I have to be honest, I was a little worried at first that she wouldn’t take this whole thing seriously; but she seems to have really grown up. I’m proud of her.