Chapter 6 - Boy? Girl?

-3 Weeks Later-

Demi’s Pov

It’s October 2nd, which means I have my 16 week scan; nothing much has really happened, I still can’t feel it move yet and my stomach has only got a little bigger. Even for somebody that didn’t know me, they would definitely by now be able to tell that I might be pregnant.

The other day Joe and I thought about possibly finding out the sex of the baby, it would be nice, that way we could decorate the room and buy clothes and even think about some names; we decided that we would find out, if the doctor can tell us.

Joe and I woke up this morning and as my appointment wasn’t until the afternoon we decided to have breakfast and then sit in front of the TV. I sat there with my hand on my stomach; my bump is very small but still amazing.

“How are you feeling?” Joe asked looking at me

“I’m okay” I replied “A little nervous about the scan, but I’m okay”

“Why are you nervous babe?” he asked putting his arm around me and pulling me close, comforting me

“Well, we might find out if it’s a boy or a girl today”

“Yeah, I’m excited” he said smiling big at me

“I suppose it’s exciting; if she can tell, we can get the baby’s room sorted and get him or her some clothes and start thinking about names” I said getting excited myself

“Yeah, it will be good; thinking of names just in case it’s a boy or a girl is hard, if we know then it will be easier”

“Yeah”

About 2 hours later I got up and looked at the time, it was 1pm and my appointment is at 2:30, “we need to start getting ready” I said to Joe

“Okay babe” he said getting up and pecking my lips

We both went upstairs to get ready, we were both already dressed but I wanted to put some make-up on; so I sat at my dressing table and applied some light make-up, Joe went into the bathroom and had a shave.

I pulled out my phone again and saw that it was 1:45pm, “We need to go” I shouted into the bathroom

“Okay, just coming babe” Joe shouted back

I walked downstairs and met Joe at the front door, we both walked out, I locked the door and then we both got into his car. Joe drove us the doctors.

When we arrived we got out of the car and walked inside, we were just in time, I signed in at the front desk and a few minutes later Dr Reed came out and called my name, we followed her into her room.

“How are you feeling Demi?” she asked once we had sat down in front of her desk

“I’ve been good” I replied

“That’s good” she said “How’s the pregnancy? How’s the morning sickness?” she asked

“The morning sickness hasn’t been too bad, I still get it sometimes, but not as often” I replied

She nodded

“But I was wondering; I haven’t felt the baby move, and it was moving on the last scan”

“I wouldn’t be worried Demi” she said trying to reassure me “Over the next couple of weeks your baby will almost double in size and because it will be bigger you should start to feel little movements”

“And I’ll have a bigger belly” I added

“Yes” she said laughing a little “Your stomach will get bigger”

“Okay, so I should start to feel it move in the next couple of weeks?” I said sort of asking at the same time

“Yes” she replied “But Joe might not be able to feel it when you start to feel it because, well it’s inside you”

Both Joe and I nodded

“Okay” I said acknowledging what she just said

 She looked at me and smiled, then said “Would you like to get onto the bed and we can do your scan”

     “Okay” I replied getting up and lying on the bed before pulling my top up

“First” she said “I’m just going to have a feel of your stomach, if that’s okay?”

“That’s fine” I replied looking up at her

She smiled at me and then placed her hands on my stomach “Tell me if you’re in any pain”

“Okay” I replied

 She moved her hands around my stomach pressing at the top of where my bump was and also at the bottom of where my bump was, near my pelvis. “How did that feel?” she asked

“It was okay” I replied

“Okay, let’s do your scan” she said getting the machine and pulling it closer to the bed; she got the scanner probe and put some gel on my stomach before placing the scanner on my stomach. She turned the screen so that Joe and I could see, the baby was defiantly bigger, it was a bit clearer than last time and it just looked, well, cute.

I looked at Joe, who was now sitting on the chair beside the bed, he looked up at me and smiled, I looked straight into his eyes and almost became lost in them “Would you like a picture?” Dr Reed asked

This caused us to break our gaze, “Yes please” I replied. Dr Reed pressed a few buttons and then handed me and picture, I took one quick look at it and then said “Can you see if it’s a boy or a girl?”

“I can try” she replied “Although, I might not be able to; sometimes it’s hard to tell at 16 weeks, but other times it can be very clear”

I nodded and then said “Okay”

She moved the scanner a little more across my stomach and then squinted, looking at the screen, she pressed a few buttons which seemed to enlarge the picture slightly, she then looked up and smiled and us “It’s looks like you’re having a little baby girl”

Joe and I looked at each other “Wow” I said slightly breathless; a little baby girl”

“Yeah babe” Joe replied “Our little miracle baby girl”

Dr Reed took the scanner off of my stomach and then handed me a tissue for me to wipe the gel off my stomach. I have a girl, a little baby girl; that’s all that kept playing round in my head, it’s amazing, she’s amazing.

Sorry I haven't updated in a little while, I have had quite a lot on my mind and I haven't really been doing much at all; I just needed to get my head around things; but anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

P.S DRAMA COMING SOON!!!!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT :) I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS :)