Chapter 27 - Starting (Part 2)

Demi's Pov

Joe helped me into the car and he started to drive to the hospital, gosh these pains are strong. I don't know how much more I can take.

We arrived at the hospital and Joe got a wheelchair from inside and he then took me inside. We were shown the the labour ward and let inside. Joe wheeled me round to the front desk and I got another pain "Awww" I winced, I took a sharp intake of breath.

"Name please" The lady behind the desk said

"Hi, we spoke on the phone" Joe said "It's Demetria Devonne Lovato"

"Oh, I remember" she replied "Right this way"

The lady showed us to a room and said "Feel free to get settled on the bed Demetria and I will be back shortly"

"Okay, thanks" I replied

I got out of the wheelchair and sat on the bed, another sharp pain started building, I took a sharp intake of breath "Awww" Joe sat next to me and held my hand, I squweezed it tight.

~

When the nurse came back in she said " Okay Demetria, I am jst gonna examine you. Lay back on the bed please, feet together, legs apart." The nurse then put some gloves on and started to examine me.

Once she was done she said, "Okay Demetria you are about 4cm dilated; I would recommend taking a walk if you can. But be back within the hour for your next examination or eariler if you feel that you need to"

"Okay" I replied

The nurse left the room and left just me and Joe there. "I really don't want to do out of the ward Joe, I'm scared" I said

"We don't have to babe. Let's just try and get you more on your feet" he replied

Before I could get to my feet another nurse walked into the room and said "I just need to listen to baby's heartbeat"

"Okay" I replied

The nurse strapped me to a monitor and gave me a little button thing "Press this when you get a contraction" she said

The machine started printing out lots of lines on a piece of paper and after about 10 minutes the nurse said " That's fine, baby's heartbeat is good"

"Thanks" I said as she took the straps off my belly

"Now, it's good to stand up or use the birthing ball as much as possible, let gravity help your baby's head to come down, speed things up a bit"

"Okay" I replied

That nurse left the room and once she had Joe helped me to my feet I puth my arms around his neck and as I got another pain I held onto his neck and swayed my hips back and forth. I tried to breathe and deeply and slowly as I could.

Joe's Pov

I can't believe this is really happening, I mean, I am going to be a  dad soon, I really am. I am going to be holding my daughter who I have waited so long to meet.

~

I helped Demi to stand up and then as she got a pain she placed her arms around my neck and moved her hips side to side

"I don't like this Joe" she moaned

"I know baby, but she will soon be here. She will soon be here baby"

"Ye-eahh" she groaned

Once the pain was over Demi took a big breath and then stood up on her own, she walked around a bit and then sat on the birthing ball and bounced on it "This is fun" she said with a big smile on her face.

I knelt down beside her and held her hand ready for the next pain to start.

---------------------------------------------------------

WOW! 2 updates in 1 day :) If you are lucky (and if I have time!) I might be able to post the next and FINAL chapter to this story :)

Ahhh!! I can't believe this story is coming to an end :(

Got another story in line for you though :)

Deeanna :)