Chapter 11 - Awake

-2 Weeks Later-

Joe’s Pov

It’s been 2 weeks since the accident, I’m getting discharged today; the doctors said I was very lucky that I only had broken leg. Sarah has been coming and helping me to walk better, it’s very painful, and I still can’t put a lot of weight on it, but she thinks that in a couple of weeks’ time I should be walking better.

Demi still hasn’t woken up; she did, but after what happened a couple of days ago the doctors put her back to sleep. They keep saying that she will wake up again soon; that any day now, she will; but I can tell they’re worried. I have been going to see her almost every day; her and the baby mean so much to me and I just hope that they are alright.

Demi is 28 weeks’ pregnant, and today would have been her appointment to see Dr Reed and have her 28 week scan; but she’s not awake. I have been told that she will have a scan done today in the hospital, I want to be there, but it will strange without Demi emotionally there too.

-2 Days Earlier-

Sarah came into my room and we took a slow walk, well hobble down to Demi’s room, she left me there and went to see another patient to give me some time with Demi. I sat by her bed and held her hand “I love you Dems” I said

I pulled her hand up and kissed it softly; she twitched slightly and then moved her hand “Demi?” I said asking

She groaned and then opened her eyes “Where am I?” she asked

“You’re in the hospital Dems; we were in a car accident”

She quickly placed her hand on her stomach “Is the baby okay?”

“The baby is doing good” I replied “How are you feeling?”

“I’m o…” was also she managed to say before her voice faded away, I heard the machines starting to beep and then doctors came rushing in and gave Demi some medicine and then looked at me and said “We are going to need to put her back to sleep”

“Okay” I replied

I felt tears form in my eyes and one fell, I let it roll down my face; I couldn’t do anything, I just had to sit there and watch as one doctor gave Demi some medicine through the line in her hand, another was monitoring her heartbeat and another was monitoring the baby.

Once Demi was stable one of the doctors turned to me and said “She’s stable, her body just needs a little more time to get over the accident. She should wake up in a couple of days.”

“In time for her scan?” I asked

“We will have to see” he replied

The doctors took one more look at both Demi and the baby’s monitors, one doctor grabbed Demi’s notes from the end of her bed and wrote some stuff down; all of the doctor’s then walked out of the room.

~

~~

~~~

~~

~

That was just scary, what happened a few days ago, I just wish Demi was strong enough that day, I miss her being here.

A doctor came into my room along with Sarah “Okay Mr Jonas” he said “You are free to go”

“Thanks” I replied sighing a little knowing that I will have to leave Demi here

“We have set up a bed for you next to Demi” Sarah continued on from what the doctor said “As soon as Demi is well enough we will look at moving you both into a family maternity room”