Chapter Twenty-eight

AUTHORS NOTE: lovebugs I know the last chapter was tough, so thank you. So here is a little reward, a little treat so to speak.Like I said, if this story didn't already have an R rating, this chapter would ensure it had one!It's pure smut. If you don't want to read it, just skip this chapter.

"You clinged to my body like you wanted it forever, What a time, what a time, what a time"

What a Time - Julia Michaels

He slowly opens the passenger door, the basement carpark shrouded in darkness, the car light harsh against her dry eyes.

He leans gently across her, his scent mixed with the sharp metallic scent of blood, unbuckling her seatbelt, his hands slip under her thighs as he gently lifts her out of the car.

"I can walk," she murmurs, trying to push herself down his body.

"Vee" his voice low and firm "I know you can, but let me take care of you, please." his voice breaking, cracking her chest wide open.

She doesn't answer as she wraps her arms around his neck, her fingers interlocked behind his neck, nuzzling as she closes her eyes, inhaling the scent of home. Maybe just this once its okay to let someone take care of her, to ease the ache in her chest. Tomorrow she can go back to whatever it is they are doing, fighting and avoiding each other, but tonight? Tonight she'll give in, wanting nothing more than for him to soothe every ache deep in her soul.

They move silently through the complex, Nestor holding her like she weighs nothing, up the elevator, down the hall and slipping into Nestor's apartment. He locks the door behind them, taking her into his bathroom, gently placing her down on the vanity counter, she wiggles her butt back, the coldness seeping through her jeans. She watches as Nestor turns the shower on, the steam rising around them.

Somehow the anger that had spent years seeping into her bloodstream, changing her DNA had evaporated with what she had witnessed this afternoon, replaced with a stillness deep in her soul, Nestor's touch a soothing balm on her jagged edges.

"You're in shock, the shower will help," he tells her avoiding her gaze "I need to burn your clothes, shower and I'll leave clean clothes outside the door for you."

"I'm not in shock" she mumbles, staring at Nestor through her heavy eyelashes, wanting nothing more than for him to touch her again.

She watches as he turns his back on her, his hand resting on the door frame, his shoulders tensing as the words lodge in his throat.

"Please stay" her voice low and pleading.

"Vee" he starts, she watches as his Adam's apple bobs in his throat, his head resting on the door, tension coiled tight in his body. "Get in the shower, I'll keep my back turned."

"Can you help me?"

He swallows deeply, tilting his head back in a silent prayer, before moving towards her. A single step and he's in front of her, excruciating pain written across his face. She spreads her legs and he steps between them, reaching for her shirt hem. She locks her legs around his waist, surprise filtering across his face, her blood stained hands gently caressing his face, her dark eyes meeting his.

"Thank you" she murmurs, leaning forward pressing her forehead to his, begging with her eyes, pleading for every emotion she can't articulate, yet again Nestor saved her, sacrificed a piece of his soul for her peace. Her eyes meeting his, she searches his face for a sign, waiting for him to pull away.