Chapter Fifteen

TW:
Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed our little break and you're ready for part two!
Please note this chapter has a trigger warning, there are graphic scenes of violence and death.

***

"A Youth that was stolen and filled with mistakes, I turned all around looked for someone to blame, But I'm over dramatic and drenched in my pain, I know that you saw it all over my face"

Easy For You To Say - 5 Seconds of Summer

The cold air whips around him, a storm threatening on the horizon. It was one of those rare cold days in Santo Padre, the sun hidden behind a cloud, the irony not lost on him as he looked around the empty graveyard. His mind barely paid attention to the priest as he said his final words, closing his bible and offering Nestor his condolences.

A loneliness he could barely comprehend weaved its way around his soul, it took everything he had left not to fall to his knees and let it overwhelm him. His eyes locked on the sight in front of him every single person he loved laid buried in front of him. His mother, Mateo, and now her.

"In everloving memory of

Valentina "Vee" Galindo1986 - 2022Dance, then, wherever you may be"

Grief and rage intertwined together under his skin, threatening to burn everything and everyone in his wake, his sunshine girl, gone.

His grief was  inconsolable, threatening to drag him under; without her, he had nothing left; every part of his soul screamed to give into the darkness that was eating him alive. He didn't want to live in a world without his sunshine girl. But he knew he couldn't rest in peace without destroying the men who did this to her, the men who stole his sunshine. His mind made up, he would scorch the earth for her, then he could close his eyes, and hold her close, in another life they could be together.

"Nestor" the softest whisper wraps itself around the image in his mind, his name being called over and over, the slightest of touch drifting across his shoulder.

With a groan his eyes fly open, wild he jumps to his feet, his eyes landing on the hunched over blonde in front of him.

"Shit Blair, you okay?" he mumbles, wiping a mixture of tears and sleep from his eyes.

The ever present beeping of the machines and quiet murmurs of the hospital a familiar soundtrack, one he's been trying to drown out.

"Yeah," she says, pulling herself up. "I should know better than to wake a sleeping man."

"Any changes?" he grunts, nodding his head towards the dark haired woman lying in the hospital bed.

She shakes her head offering him a soft smile "the doctors feel hopeful."

Nestor snorts, fixing Blair with a glare "Well there's not too much of that round here, now is there?"

he pushes the chair he had fallen asleep on across the room, tucking it into the corner. Straightening his shirt he slides the glass door of Vee's ICU room open, the sounds of the hospital growing louder and the weight of Blair's stare burning into him.

"Nestor?" Blair calls after him not waiting for him to stop "get some sleep."

Like the last three nights he offers her no answer, sliding out of the room, gently shutting the door behind him. Anger bubbling under the surface as he moves through the hospital hallways. Slipping out the side exit, he moves through the shadows, itching for a release, violence is the only thing that will ease his soul, and he knows just where to find it.