Chapter Thirty

Authors Note: We are in the thick of it, we are getting so close to the end! My health has been pretty shocking lately, and writing has been so far down my to do list its just not getting done. but I have made a promise to myself to at least post a chapter every two weeks. thank you to everyone who has stuck this story out, I am so thankful for you! 

***

"No I never got the strength to change you, Dont mean I'm not on the fence. I've been fighting off a way I could save this, won't be someone you resent" 

To The West - Steinza

A hurricane of emotions swirl around Vee as she flies into her apartment, her heart pounding out of her chest as she breathlessly stops at the sight of Blair standing atop her coffee table. Blair's finger waving in Beckett's face, anger radiating off the petite blonde as her rage whispers between them.

Vee watches as the imposing man smirks at her irate blonde in front of him, his grin grows as he reaches for her waist, lifting her off the coffee table "come on bumblebee we've got an audience" his head nodding towards Vee and Nestor.

"This isn't over Beckett" she growls.

"Come on big guy I gotta talk to you" Beckett says ignoring Blair as he nods towards Nestor, Vee watches as the two men duck out into the hallway, the door making a soft snick as it latches.

"What was that all about?" Vee asks with a soft smile on her face, as she turns to her friend.

"He is the most frustrating man I have ever met," Blair says, collapsing on Vee's couch with a sigh.

Vee hides her chuckle behind a cough, her hand over her mouth, amusement filling her eyes as she flops into her favorite armchair "wanna talk about it?"

Blair slowly sits up, her eyes slowly raking down Vee's body, a clinical precision analyzing her. Vee shifts uncomfortably under the scrutiny of Blair's gaze. A manic smirk spreads across Blair's face.

"Not really, I would love to talk about the fact you're freshly fucked"

Heat spreads across Vee's chest, up her neck and flushing her face "I do not" she cries, her voice two octaves higher than normal.

Blair cackles at her response "oh babe, you're so fucked"

"Shhhhh" Vee hisses as she hears the door open, and Nestor and Beckett step back into the room.

She sensed the atmosphere change abruptly, the playful banter evaporating as the men returned to the room. Nestor leaned casually on the back of her armchair, his warmth gently seeping into her skin. She closed her eyes, inhaling his comforting scent to steady herself. Opening them again, she observed Beckett settling into the armchair opposite her, leaning forward with his arms resting on his thighs.

Blair sits up, tucking her back against the arm of the lounge facing Vee.

"How's Miguel?" Nestor's voice rumbled behind her, causing Vee's heart to tighten with guilt momentarily forgetting about Miguel. She looked at Blair, silently hoping her concern wasn't written across her face. Blair's expression shifted from playful to serious as she transitioned into her professional mode.

"He woke up last night, his vitals are looking really good, obviously he was in a lot of pain and I gave him some more pain meds, then the same thing happened this morning, he's still asleep but I imagine he will wake up soon –, he is still really groggy, it's a combination of the pain meds and his pain levels, he is healing, but it's going to be slow."