Chapter 6: Buck goes MIA

*In the air on a mission October 8,1943 with Buck and his squad*
~Third Person's POV~
No one was more eager to get back into the air than Major Cleven wanting to get the job done properly he made it back on time to get ready for the mission over Germany things were about to change now on his 22 mission I shouldn't have been worried but I was worried that day.

I didn't think it would be the last time I'd see my husband for a long time when Crosby told me that his plane didn't make it back I knew two possible scenarios one he's just MIA in enemy territory or two he and his crew were POW's in a concentration camp.

Play video:

~Andrea Cleven's POV~

My heart was beating fast the men would be flying over Bremen today

My heart was beating fast the men would be flying over Bremen today..... I had to think happy thoughts about it that he would come back to me but I have two scenarios right now Crosby came into my off looking tired and I knew that he needed his sleep I have meds to do so but he can't take them all of the time it's not good this going to be a rough one we'd be lucky if the whole group came back safely. But even I knew that wasn't it Bucky was in London after a rough night Sienna was worried about him I walked outside with Crosby to see him head towards the tower where Colonel Harding and Bowman was at while I saw Buck walk over to me as he headed to his plane.

I hugged him as he did the same I was just sitting there waiting for him to say something "I'll be back darling but promise me if I don't you'll never lose hope," I nodded my head and spoke "Of course my darling I promise remember those letters inside of your jacket when your lonely," we gave each other one last kiss before he went to his plane.

~Major Buck's POV~
I had to come back to my girl she might be pregnant the next time I see her.... After take off and the whole group were in the air heading to Bremen to bomb our target we were given the Krauts started shooting flak at us all this was the last thing we all needed. While over Bremen flak tore up my engines and I was going down I told the plane behind me that there in charge of leading this mission.

Then I spoke straight to Rosenthal himself knowing he's listening "Rosenthal I have to land my plane in enemy territory and might not be around for a while when you see Andrea tell her that I love her so much and to not lose hope that we'll see each other again," Rosenthal and everyone was quiet they knew what happens when the Germans capture anyone who speaks English and take them as POW's then Rosenthal spoke "Yes Major I understand sir best of luck Major," then my plane went down my men and I jumped out of the plane using our parachutes as our plane crashed.

Well I certainly didn't expect this would happen landing in Nazi Germany and probably taken to a POW camp not being able to see my wife for who knows how long.